Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on kayaking Yegua Creek from Nails Creek State Park this Sunday if anybody wants to join me. I'll be targeting Crappie & White Bass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great, I will join you and learn how to fish. What time we should meet and what kind lure I should get ready? Never being there before and expecting a good trip.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Based on the reports I'm hearing I think I'll mostly be targeting Crappie, since it sounds like the White Bass are still a little scattered. Here's what to bring.

Kayak, Medium to light action rod (6-7 foot), spinning reel, 6 lb mono line, 1/16oz & 1/32 oz crappie jigs, small split shots, small float/bobbers. I should have some extras of this stuff, so if you can't find everything don't worry.

PM sent for time & place.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Almost forgot. Bring waders or tall water proof boots if you have them. There's one spot we'll have to get out of the kayaks and drag them a bit through shallow water.

...and if you have them, polarized sunglasses, always good for creek fishing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Zoe and I could not buy a Crappie bite today. We fished Nails Creek from about 11:00 to 5:00 and ended up with 4 White Bass, 2 Catfish, and 1 Drum. Conditions were tough for kayak fishing. Strong winds and muddy-debris covered water made the fishing difficult to say the least. Still a fun day on the water though. Nice meeting you Zoe. Hopefully next time we can actually catch some Crappie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts