Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New Jackplate and a Foosball table that I would like to trade for a Garmin GPS Chartplotter that can detail the Bays of the Texas Gulf Caost.

My current unit just puked.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
...but M--M--M---Mama says foosball is the DEVIL!

Seriously, though, sorry about the puked unit. If I had a spare grand lying around, I wouldn't mind a 640:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=148&pID=14898

My plan is to hang on to my 478 for 3 more years, then grab a 640 for two-thirds what they cost now.

I don't know, however, if the 640 has available inland lakes mapping where you can adjust the lake level (like for Travis). The 478's inland lakes maps do not. The g2 Vision maps look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply J-Hooked. I have not looked at all the different GPS Models. Mine is a Garmin GPSMAP 376C w/ XM and a 256mb Data Card. I use primarily in the Bays for Nvigation.

However, Good news! I fixed my GPS, it needs a new internal Battery. I ussually run it of 12 volt external battery, that I found out was dead as well, and run backup using the internal battery.

I had to run it this past weekend Duck Hunting using the AC Adapter and a AC/DC Converter.

Anyway, I still have the Jack Plate and Foosball table for sale or trade. Looking to buy/trade for a 40"-50" LCD new or used.

THX

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Yeah, my internal battery died on the 478, meaning that it won't remember what time it is for more than about two hours powered off. This causes it to go into AutoLocate mode every time I boot it up...kind of a hassle as this is a 3-5 minute process before it knows when and where it is. I'm guessing it's just a button battery clipped in the main board, but I don't want to take it apart for fear of ruining the water seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts