Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for an under-$200 Ruger 10/22 rifle. I'm building up a silhouette target rifle and I need a 10/22 receiver. I'll be replacing the stock, barrel, trigger, etc. so if you have one sitting around that might be dog-chewed or rusty, that's perfect. PM me with a price and we can talk.

Appreciatively,

mtf

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hung,

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to go a bit lower than $199 on this purchase as I'm just trying to get a receiver out of the gun. Worst-case, I'll buy a new one at $199 and try to sell off the other components for a couple dollars.

I checked the Academy website and they're not currently listing a 10/22, but I know they sell them. Do you have any links you can provide?

Academy - Ruger®, Rifles

-- mtf

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
I'd go for the new one, it's hard to find those used at a good price. People buy them put a few pennies worth of accessories on them and all of a sudden think they are worth 350ish.

Tried to find one for you on TGT but not a single one at a decent price.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Tough to find them used anymore at a good price. I bought a10/22 back in 2007, pre gun craze. I hand polished the bolt and receiver, replaced the barrel and added a Boyd's stock. I sold the factory wood stock and barrel on Craigslist for almost what I paid for the gun brand new. So in the long run worth it. Custom little plinkster for the price of a new one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i found out last May that my mom had had a 10/22 in her closet since 1983, which is hilarious considering how much she hates guns. My brother had bought it, but then got transferred to Germany a week later. He sent it to her to hold for him and he forgot about it. He was in town and we were talking about guns and he finally remembered it. We dragged it out and it was in pristine condition. All factory original, nothing upgraded except the big banana magazine. He didn't want it anymore and gave it to me. I own several pistols, but had never owned a rifle. That gun is so much fun to shoot it's stupid. I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to sell theirs. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I have one from I think the late sixties. Love shooting that gun. If I remember right, it has like a five digit serial number. Boy have I ever burned some lead in this gun.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hung,

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to go a bit lower than $199 on this purchase as I'm just trying to get a receiver out of the gun. Worst-case, I'll buy a new one at $199 and try to sell off the other components for a couple dollars.

I checked the Academy website and they're not currently listing a 10/22, but I know they sell them. Do you have any links you can provide?

Academy - Ruger®, Rifles

-- mtf
Sorry, I don't. I just bought one at Christmas and that was the price (I don't think it was on sale, but maybe). They had a more expensive tear down model too, but basic carbine style 199.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts