Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Pretty sure there are some stale BLimes in the fridge from '12 that you left in there, but ya, I agree with most everything Dubbya said. Except the douchebag thing, I probably need more than one hand.

I think society has created a self made monster when it comes to social media, so much heckling any more. I mean we used to call people online asshats and butthorns but we were drinking beer lakeside with them shoulder to shoulder a few hours later. That vibe definitely seems to be gone.

But in my humble opinion I think traffic has slowed considerably due to the lack of T&A and Fandangler reports.
I agree with you, you Asshat and That Dubya butthorn too. And too all you potlickers out there stay off my spots.
OK, now I feel a little more like 2012.
Hope everyone has a nice day

·
Registered
123 Posts
I do check the ABF sight every day. I have been fishing a long time and I have found lots of good information here. Some times you have to look through a lot of stuff to find it but it is there. I don't get to fish often or post often because of family health reasons. This is an outlet that I do enjoy. I do have to overlook the stuff about what rods and what reels to use. We each have to find what is best for each of us and our price range. I do miss some of the old timers post about fishing. They has some great information to share. Maybe Lake Austin will come back. If so that would be great, but there is still lots of fishing around here. So I would hope that some of the old timers would start to post again. Some body will enjoy the posts and maybe learn something in the process.
Sabre1

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Anyway, just my observations. What can be done to keep ABF alive? Not really sure, and unfortunately, I don't care enough. haha. I certainly think this site is on its way out and there's not much that can be done to save it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think the site is going anywhere. It seems to have had an uptick in activity lately-IMO. Just like anything, there are cycles. 2012 probably can't be repeated, but I would much rather use abf to kill a few minutes between office tasks than look at facebook to see pictures of food or hear opinions/comments about mass shootings.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not sure if you were referring to what I said about FB or not, but perhaps you misunderstood me. I agree with you, and FB is indeed where all of the action is at. I was just saying I hate the fact that it is, and while there are some positive things about FB and other social media sites... overall, I don't believe they are doing society any favors. It's great for business, not so good for civilization. haha
agree 100% here

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
Anyway, just my observations. What can be done to keep ABF alive? Not really sure, and unfortunately, I don't care enough. haha. I certainly think this site is on its way out and there's not much that can be done to save it. Maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe you can get a refund for your guide service advertisements. Oh wait.

Just jokes! Keep up the good reports. Hey, you guys wanted old time **** talking, right?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I joined in 2010 and automatically began learning more about fishing and making new friends.

I made a lot of fishing reports, asked questions, offered my opinion, and participated freely in conversations. Then my bank fishing spots were overrun, but I saw no reports. I only made my reports here, at ABF, so I knew this was their source. Obviously, Lurkers. That caused a BIG shift in my attitude about reports.

Then about 3 years ago my new friends began disappearing from the site. Shortly after that, I got too busy to fish. Been so about 1.5 years. I found some of my friends on FB and reconnected. The few times I've fished I've shared my reports there. Why? I can control who sees them - no lurkers. That (lurkers) and my friends absence is why I seldom participate here.

Plus, Admin allowed a few obvious pricks (grown-ass bullies) to stay on the site. In the old days they were banned quickly.

I've probably made more posts here in the last 3 weeks than the previous year total.

just a few thoughts.........

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Plus, Admin allowed a few obvious pricks (grown-ass bullies) to stay on the site. In the old days they were banned quickly.
I can think of a couple of dudes on here recently that I don't think would be missed by many folks around here if they mysteriously disappeared from the forum.

Of course, maybe I'm one of 'em? :rolleyes: Too bad. I'm stayin'.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I joined in 2010 and automatically began learning more about fishing and making new friends.

I made a lot of fishing reports, asked questions, offered my opinion, and participated freely in conversations. Then my bank fishing spots were overrun, but I saw no reports. I only made my reports here, at ABF, so I knew this was their source. Obviously, Lurkers. That caused a BIG shift in my attitude about reports.

Then about 3 years ago my new friends began disappearing from the site. Shortly after that, I got too busy to fish. Been so about 1.5 years. I found some of my friends on FB and reconnected. The few times I've fished I've shared my reports there. Why? I can control who sees them - no lurkers. That (lurkers) and my friends absence is why I seldom participate here.

I've probably made more posts here in the last 3 weeks than the previous year total.

just a few thoughts.........
Too funny Carl, I fished with you many times. We ripped some lip, but you posted every damn detail about Buch. one day... I called you on it and asked WTF, and you got all offended. We haven't talked since. You wonder why your spots were over run? Ha Ha!! Loose lips sink ships...

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
I can think of a couple of dudes on here recently that I don't think would be missed by many folks around here if they mysteriously disappeared from the forum.

Of course, maybe I'm one of 'em? :rolleyes: Too bad. I'm stayin'.
Tell me who, PM if needed. Not against cleaning shop.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts