Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EA and I will be there. At Team #142, it sounds like there could be 200 boats or 400 fisherman on the lake. Our weigh-in time is 3:15pm, based on our tem number..

5:30 a.m. - Registration, check-in, launch and breakfast
6:30 a.m. - Start fishing
9 to noon - Youth fishing events
1:00 p.m. - Start serving lunch
2:00 p.m. - Final weigh-in and awards
Tournament will host a continental breakfast and a lunch
2:30 p.m. - UT vs OSU at Darrell K Royal Stadium on ABC TV

Also, a cold front moves thru, end of week, should make the fishing interesting too.

OPEN Public Boat Ramps:
Jonestown Ramp (1 ramp)
Sandy Creek (1 ramp)
Mansfield Ramp (1 large ramp)
Siesta Shores Ramp (1 ramp)
Pace Bend Ramps (2 ramps)
Narrows Ramp (1 ramp)

Multiple PRIVATE ramps. You will have to know someone in that community or rent a lake house/condo/cabin in that area to use them.

For more information on tournament:
http://www.100clubcentex.com/cde.cfm?event=228549

GOOD LUCK!

Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 47. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 83. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 50. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Who from ABF is fishing CLUB-100/KLBJ Bass Tournament?

Dudley & Bob 100 Club Annual Fishing Tournament
Jones Brothers Park, Jonestown, Texas
North Shore of Lake Travis
October 25, 2008
Think about Safety!!!!
1. Final Rules: Posted 09/05/08. No additional changes will be made.

2. The Texas Water Safety Act will be followed by all participants. Copies of the Texas Water Safety Act Digest are available from tournament staff at no cost to all participants. Please abide by the Jonestown posted No-Wake areas. All participating anglers must be in compliance with State fishing laws, State boating laws, and tournament rules and regulations.

3. The 100 Club of Central Texas, KLBJ Radio, tournament co-sponsors, general sponsors, and tournament volunteers accept no liability regarding this Fishing Tournament. All anglers participate at their own risk. Please practice boating safety.

4. In addition to abiding by the Texas Water Safety Act, all tournament anglers will wear a U.S. Coast Guard Approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) while underway regardless of age. It is strongly recommended that anglers

wear PFDs at all times. Additional prizes may be awarded to anglers wearing PFDs at all times.

5. The boat operator must have the boat motor kill switch attached while the boat motor is operating. Not having the kill switch attached while underway is grounds for immediate tournament expulsion.

6. No alcoholic beverage may be consumed eight hours prior to this tournament or during the tournament. We also ask that alcoholic beverages not be consumed at the weigh-in ceremony. Drinking and boating DO NOT MIX.

7. Legal Fish for Five Fish Stringer and Heaviest Single Fish: Large Mouth Bass (Micropterus Salmoides) or Spotted Bass (Micropterus punctulatus): 14” minimum. – These are the only fish eligible for the tournament. Please see rule 17 for lake record largemouth and 9.370 pound largemouth.

8. Dead Fish Penalty: Angler will be penalized 2.0 oz. for every dead fish brought to weigh-in.

9. Short Fish Penalty: Any fish brought to weigh-in shorter than 14” will be
disqualified. In addition, Angler will be penalized 5.0 pounds and fish will not be
weighed. The weigh master’s decision is final.

10. Weigh In Times: The weigh-in times will be assigned as registration forms are received at the 100 Club office or on the morning of the tournament. If you do not know your weigh-in time, call (number will be provided). Only 25 anglers (one flight) will be weighed in at a time. Flight weigh-ins are every 15 minutes. Regardless of your flight time, one team member must check in no later than 2:00 p.m. at the weigh-in site at Jones Brothers Park. See volunteers with orange vest. Fish bags with flight times will be included with the packets. Do not bring your fish to the weigh-in trailer before your flight time. Please take care handling live fish, and have aeration systems and live wells in working condition. After being weighed, all fish will be placed in the release tank, and then released.

11. There will be a 200 team limit on participants.

12. All participants must be registered by 6:30 a.m., Saturday, October 25, 2008.

13. Fishing: Only artificial baits may be used.  No live, dead, or cut bait is permitted. Exception: pork baits are allowed. Pork baits are commonly used as jig trailers. All bass must be caught alive in a legal and sporting manner. No snagging.  Each angler may only use 1 rod at a time. Maximum of one rod: No more than 1 line in the water at a time per angler is allowed.  Trolling with the combustion motor is not permitted. Anglers may troll with an electric trolling

motor.  All participants must practice good sportsmanship. Any location on Lake Travis designated as restricted and/or off- limits may not be fished.

14. Only five fish in the live well at any given time. Each team may possess a maximum of five fish at any one time. Team members may cull. Please make every reasonable effort to insure the bass remain alive.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

14. Only five fish in the live well at any given time. Each team may possess a maximum of five fish at any one time. Team members may cull. Please make every reasonable effort to insure the bass remain alive.

15. A digital clock at the weigh-in site will be the official tournament clock. It will be displayed at the weigh-in trailer.

16. Registered anglers may depart the boat ramp area prior to 6:30 a.m., but may not begin casting until 6:30 a.m. Anglers may launch at any location on Lake Travis. Fishing Time begins at 6:30 a.m. All fish must be caught in Lake Travis during the tournament hours on October 25, 2008.

17. Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded (1st thru 7th) for the heaviest five fish stringer ((Micropterus Salmoides) or Spotted Bass (Micropterus punctulatus); this is a team event. Team members fishing from the same boat may cull and mix fish in order to create the heaviest stringer. Prizes will also be awarded for the five heaviest single bass (see rule 7 for legal fish: largemouth bass - Micropterus Salmoides, or Spotted Bass - Micropterus punctulatus).

Lake Travis record largemouth bass [if caught] (Only Micropterus Salmoides – current record is 14.21), and a largemouth bass [if caught] (Only Micropterus Salmoides) weighing exactly 9.370 lbs. These are individual awards, but teams may split the proceeds as agreed upon by the team members.

18. The Weigh Master will conduct all fish weighing and will be responsible for recording accurate fish weights. This is a family event; please do not argue with the Weigh Master. Weigh-in results are final. Anglers will receive a weigh-in ticket. The Weigh Master and his staff are extremely familiar with large scale fishing tournaments. Please be sure you get a copy of the weigh ticket.

19. Failure to comply with any of the above rules may be grounds for expulsion from the tournament.

20. All anglers winning cash prizes or the truck donated by Covert Chevrolet must be willing to take a polygraph test.

21. All anglers are responsible for check-in. The line will stop at 2:00pm. Check-in will be available for both water and land anglers. Anglers from the water must be in the check-in line near the weigh-in station no later than 2:00pm (see sign and volunteers in orange vests). Anglers from land who are in line to park their

trucks and trailers by 2:00pm, will be checked in by volunteers in orange vest (no need to check-in at weigh station).

22. Have fun and be safe.

· Registered
541 Posts

Me and my partner will be there. I'am still not understanding if we have to check in before launch. 200 boats leaving the park is going to be a mess. I went back to the park this weekend and there's a narrow channel that run's next to the marina and outside that channel its only 1.5-2ft deep. Also the bank at the park does not look to boat friendly.

· Registered
5,006 Posts
That was my big concern also, I was out there last week and 200 trucks/trailers will be a mess. Im not sure there is enough room for that many. Im sure some will put in at other ramps, but even getting to the weigh in is going to be crazy.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent a question asking about registration before Saturday!

Mr. Hocher:
The t-shirts will be part of the package that you can pick up when you register at our office either this Thursday (8A-5P) or Friday (8A-4P).  Our physical address is 3409 Executive Center Drive, Suite 128, Austin.  Please call for directions, if necessary.  There is no need to register at the tournament if you pick up your package on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks.

Larry York

Administrative Assistant

The 100 Club of Central Texas

www.100clubcentex.com

512-345-3200 phone

512-345-3215 fax

P.O. Box 10126

Austin, TX 78766

Our Mission:  The 100 Club of Central Texas leads the community in providing support for first responders and their families when tragedy strikes

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There have been some BIG five bass stringers coming out of Lake Travis! I have not fished it for LMB in over a month! Crappie last Friday...Should be interesting to say the least!

PAST LAKE TRAVIS TOURNAMENTS:
on October 5th, 2008, ATX bass tournament had about 42 teams. On Travis it took over 23 pounds to win! Over 15 pounds to get a check (we went ahead and paid 5 places)! Big bass was about 7.5 pounds (All released at Tournament Point-Pace Bend Park)

and

on October 19th, 2008, RCBC Open Tournament had 95 teams and paid out 10 places.   First was a 18.77lb sack. Paid to 10th place at 12.98lbs and big bass was 6.47lbs. (All released at Tournament Point-Pace Bend Park)

Sunrise on Saturday, October 25th is 7:41am...So it will be dark at 6:30am when you start fishing. Make sure all your lights work!

NOAA WEATHER FORECAST (DO YOU BELIEVE THESE GUYS- :D)
Friday: Sunny, with a high near 79. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 84. West wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 54. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would think with Lake Travis being so low, it would be like fishing a draw-down, upstream... Might take a run up there on Wednesday to see what kind of conditions. I will be taking some gas with me too. ;D

I know the water conditions mid-lake are off color up to past Gloster Bend Park, when I made the run this last Friday...I guess that is caused by low water?? or ??

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Myself and Victor of Sun Signs will be fishing, should be fun. Not on any fish to speak of, but you never know on Travis.

All I can say is I was out there this weekend with my son and father in law, and everyone on Travis should be careful and really hug the channel! :-/

· Registered
2,554 Posts
Yea, I am not happy at all about the late season event due to the lowness of the lake. I have no idea how the hell 200 boats PLUS the normal traffic and the other boats for the event are going to fit on that lake OR at the launches.

I mean.. we are debating just the 200 that WE will be taking.. what about regular Travis people that either have no idea we are going to be out there OR don't care?

It is one huge mess.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another ABFer asked me offline about registration..Since I do not work for Club 100 or KLBJ, this is my understanding....

The t-shirts will be part of the registration package that you can pick up when you register at our office either this Thursday (8A-5P) or Friday (8A-4P). Our physical address is 3409 Executive Center Drive, Suite 128, Austin. Please call for directions, if necessary. There is no need to register at the tournament if you pick up your package on Thursday or Friday."

Based on the statement above, from tournament officials, as long as you pick up you registration package at the above location, on Thursday or Friday, then you can launch anywhere you want and then go to your spot and wait till 6:30am to start fishing....I pre-register by e-mail, so I still need to go by one of the two days to register. This way, I can launch at any ramp and then wait till 6:30am to start fishing in the mid-40 degree, dark morning!
Robert

· Premium Member
694 Posts
567374724E696F6F7970701C0 said:
It is one huge mess.
That is hilarious. Lake Travis can handle a lot more than 200 boats. Don't sweat it. The recreational traffic this time of year is negligible. Bass champs has had tournaments with close to 250, as has River City. Sometimes I think the lake fishes better at the current levels than it does when it is full. The biggest key is to not let the mental game get to you. Enjoy the tournament and have fun. Wish I was fishing :)

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Relax Russ, we launched at Mansfield last saturday for the RCBC open (100 boats) and there might have been 6 trucks in the parking lot when we left and maybe 1/3 of the parking lot full when we pulled out.

So double that number of boats and you are still fine. The recreational traffic has been medium light, but I bet with the cooler temps of this weekend it will be down to almost nothing.

Go have fun and enjoy sticking fish!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.