Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Evergreen sb105: the best topwater lure I have ever used. I added the vmc spinner trebles and chartreuse nail polish.

2. Yo zuri minnow: runs to about a foot and rises on the pause.

3. Sebile: sinks to 1.5ft and rises on the pause. Different color than the yo zuri.

I also paint most lures with nail polish, silver flake color. Cheap at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Since I'm usually in my boat I carry way too many lures. My top confidence baits are Ned Rig, Wacky Senko, and Keitech style swimbaits.

·
Super Moderator
2,156 Posts
#1 is 3/16 oz Texas Rigged Zoom Baby Brush Hog
#2 is Weightless Wacky GYB 5” Yamasenko
#3 is 1/4 oz Drop Shot Roboworm 6” Straight Tail

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I. Friggin'. Need. Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont post unless you have pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wanna see these lures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
My 3 have to have, go to lures:
1. baby rattlesnake in redbug or watermelon, Texas rigged with 1/32 to 1/8 ounce
2. BBH, redbug or watermelon or blue black, Texas rigged with 1/8 to 3/16 ounce
3. Chatterbait, white or shad color, 1/4 ounce

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wouldnt have to look up all this stuff if people were nice enough to post pics...WTH, there's only 6 of us posting anyway...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sorry Bill, but I couldn't get down to just 3 but I did get pictures for you.
Been doing a lot of fishing on rivers and retention ponds lately so these are the items I carry in my backpack while wading up or down the river or walking around the bank -
1. Baby Brush Hog - weightless or Texas rigged - preference is black/blue/watermelon/red

2. Chatterbait - normally with some kind of creature bait trailer - same color preference as BBH although white combinations are good too (cheap old [email protected] that I am - I get the off brand at WalMart)

3. Flukes - weightless or with a 1/32 pegged weight - watermelons, violet, white right now

4. Jigs - work great on the rivers - normally with a small trailer of some sort

Great question Bill.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for posting pics! I'm trying to do a bit more underwater stuff, but still I revert back to my topwater fascination and the sb 105!

·
Registered
200 Posts
#1 Drop shot robo worm 4.5" morning dawn
#2 Ned rig Green pumpkin
#3 weightless Texas rig senko GP or watermelon - just realized its my number 3 but I don't throw it enough.

Thanks for the question.

JT

·
Registered
94 Posts
1. River2Sea Whopper Plopper, size 110, Abalone Shad or Bone.
Fish hook Surface lure Bait Fishing bait Plug Fin Fish Marine biology Tail Drawing
2. River2Sea Biggie Poppa, Abalone Shad

Automotive lighting Fish Fishing bait Fish hook Plug
3. Nichols Pulsator Spinnerbait, 1/2 ounce, white or red/black (which have been discontinued and are almost impossible to find). They look like the below blue/black one, except it's dark red/black (duh). Nichols Pulsator's are hard to find and you must have them shipped to you, so they're not cheap. I also like the River2Sea Ish Monroe Spinnerbaits, but they're equally hard to find and expensive. I was excited to see that Academy now carries both brands online, but they're always out of them. So, I usually settle for Strike King KVD or Booyah. I usually add a Keitech 3.8" trailer, in a shad color like the below Slight Flash, unless they're short striking (in which case I'll add a trailer hook).

White Feather Body jewelry Automotive lighting Jewellery
Blue Azure Automotive lighting Art Goggles
Marine invertebrates Invertebrate Metal Science Font
I'm not good with straight soft plastics, so they're never in my top ten.

·
Banned
3 Posts
My top 3 lures are:

Bass Pro Shops Crappie Maxx Paddle Tail Minnow - 1-1/2' - Bluegill - 1/32 oz.

Bass Pro Shops Crappie Maxx Paddle Tail Minnow - 2' - Silver Shiner - 1/16 oz.

Creme Ultra Lite Crank - Chartreuse/Black

1 - 18 of 18 Posts