Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to be rude, but logged in to see what was going on... where the white bass were and I am blown away by the dates on the posts.

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck happened, if it is not rude of me to ask. This used to be the "hub" of all things fishing. I sold my boat some years back, got a ranch, and am back to fishing again and I knew the traffic here was down, but ..

Sorry, again, just floored. The white bass reports were from almost a year ago.

I miss the people that used to drive the site here. So, want to see where the party went.

Thanks, and I am really sorry if it sounds rude, just.. shocked.

Russ

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not trying to be rude, but logged in to see what was going on... where the white bass were and I am blown away by the dates on the posts.

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck happened, if it is not rude of me to ask. This used to be the "hub" of all things fishing. I sold my boat some years back, got a ranch, and am back to fishing again and I knew the traffic here was down, but ..

Sorry, again, just floored. The white bass reports were from almost a year ago.

I miss the people that used to drive the site here. So, want to see where the party went.

Thanks, and I am really sorry if it sounds rude, just.. shocked.

Russ
It's a shame, but the site was ruined by a combination of: (1) being overrun with spam which apparently has now been corrected and (2) a requirement a few years ago that everyone change their login credentials. The effort was so botched by the owners of the forum that virtually all members abandoned it. I too moved to a different forum which has very little content about Central Texas. I still visit this forum (and occasionally post) from time to time hoping that it will be revived. So far that hasn't happened.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, well... that is a shame. I still log in every so often, and was hoping to log in more. Wanted to find some place closer than an hour away to do some bank fishing with the kids for either crappie or whites, but this was the only site that ever really had info heh.

Welp.. will trial and error.

Thanks!

R

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm afraid this site is on life support. Like everyone else, I check it from time to time. Really sad. If I was dreaming, my dream would be that Lake Austin carp start dying off and the hydrilla came back to 50% of what it once was. But I don't think I will live long enough to see this or FOLA will let that happen. But then this site would have a lot more folks checking in.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, sorry I helped by also not logging in each day. I guess we all play a part when something great goes under.
I will still log in, no matter what. Will even give reports, if I ever get out and fish again.. lol
My boat is too big for most the lakes, unfortunately. Maybe.. I hope... later this year or next year, I can save up for a small jon boat or something, to get me out on "A" lake. We opted for a large boat as we used to live in Round Rock and Buch was a lot closer. Now, we are just a little farther and we are at the coast, and do not have to drive through Austin (the best part... heh.. or worst, depending on how you see it).

The problem was, to get to the really good places, we would have to go up north. Lake Bastrop is not bad, but I hate taking a boat there that gets all that growth sucked up in it.. albeit, I would have zero issue doing it if I had the boat for it as it is close, but....Buch and Travis are what I know, and LBJ at night... and Buch is my fav.

Also, granger and Willis for bank fishing....crappie and whites.

Now, the drawback is.... over an hour away to Granger, so.. I guess I may try Yagua.

Buch is an hour and a half to two hours easy... so, we decided on a Grady.

Okay... rambling, while the coffee is brewing. Late start this morning :p

Who knows, again.. may get a jon boat so I can haul it to Arkansas once in a while and use it for trout too.. heh....good thing is, minus the trolling motor, this Grady should fit on Buch and catch whites and stripers and hybrids ;)

R

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I used to check and post on this forum all the time. Then it got purchased A few years ago by a company or person that runs thousands of forums and the spam got to be ridiculous. Also TTZ peeps were really driving the popularity and content and they started their own forum which never got any traction, but nonetheless this site suffered from it and has never been the same. I just use Facebook now. The keep austin fishing page is great but obviously not searchable. But you can toss out a request for info in a post and typically get some honest info.

I’ve seen some intel that the whites are running upstream on and off but I personally haven’t seen much past the first few miles from the mouth of the perd on lake Travis. It’s early, probably very hit or miss from the bank in skinny waters right now. These heavy rains increase water flow and may have them running a little more. I think they’ll be a little early this year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's a shame, but the site was ruined by a combination of: (1) being overrun with spam which apparently has now been corrected and (2) a requirement a few years ago that everyone change their login credentials. The effort was so botched by the owners of the forum that virtually all members abandoned it. I too moved to a different forum which has very little content about Central Texas. I still visit this forum (and occasionally post) from time to time hoping that it will be revived. So far that hasn't happened.
I'm with Agarita. I'm mostly on TFF, also occasionally on KAF. I live in Briarcliff so I'm always interested in info on Travis and ever so often drop in to peruse but rarely post. The "old days" were great, though

·
Registered
869 Posts
Like many I check in from time to time. Really miss the number of post we used to get.

I think after the change password event, most moved on to book of faces.

TFF is good, but not a lot of info on the area lakes we fish (LA, Travis, Trop)

Would love to see it come back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Russell! First time poster here and just made the account. As a rookie to the area, I'm hoping this forum becomes lively again as I'd love some input from you veterans. I'm planning to bring my kayak out tomorrow for the first time. I'm up north. Where would you think I'll have the best chances? Brushy Creek Lake / Lake Pflugerville / Lake Georgetown / Meadow Lake ? Thanks for any input. Haven't been to any of them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts