Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I tried to hit up Pflugerville Lake on 9/21 AM, but when I got there it was mud for 10-20 yards out from the bank. Are there any places within ~30 miles of NW Austin that have a fishable water level currently? 9/21 was the first time I tried to fish in the last 3-4 weeks so I need to catch up.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Water level is still fine at LBL, but with ACL coming access maybe limited. Have you tried Brushy Creek?

JT
I was thinking about trying Brushy Creek this weekend since (I believe) Red Bud is still closed down. My other regular spot is above/below Mansfield Dam, but $15 to park seems a little steep for mediocre fishing at that park up top.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I landed three 3-pound LMB at Lake Pflugerville this past Sunday (9/29/2019). Standing on the gravel “beach” not far from the boat ramp, I was throwing a 1/2 oz swim jig w/paddle tail trailer towards the pier pilings. Water clarity good. Lots of water still in that lake but you gotta look for it. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice fish! I've been out to Brushy creek lake twice since I posted this thread. Got out there about 715 yesterday morning and the fish were super active. No luck for me though. A lot more anglers showed up around 9 and I left around 1030 or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts