Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out what they are building under the 360 bridge. Looks to me like a fishing pier. Has anyone seen or heard what the plan is? Eager to find out.

·
Administrator
1,528 Posts
I have not seen it, but I expect it's the bridge across the creek so they can bring people from the bridge side over to the golf course. That's going to be the only patron access to the tourney. We need to line the lake with bass boats with signs that grass carp are killing the lake....that and Save Muny signs

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have not seen it, but I expect it's the bridge across the creek so they can bring people from the bridge side over to the golf course. That's going to be the only patron access to the tourney. We need to line the lake with bass boats with signs that grass carp are killing the lake....that and Save Muny signs

How bout we shoot a bunch of carp and throw them on the golf course...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, it is for the upcoming PGA event. It is a WGC event, which means limited field. Only the top 64 ranked players in the world qualify and limited tickets sold (compared to other PGA events). I can't wait. I'll be out there the Thursday of the tournament. My only concern is that the setting of the golf course on Lake Austin, with the Pennybacker Bridge and the bluffs in the background are going to look so awesome on TV, even more freakin' people are going to want to move here! The only way to deter them is with signs saying "there are no more bass in this lake! stay in California!"

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am betting the Lake POPO have the area blocked off. Too bad........it would be fitting to see the wakers rolling thru non stop blaring their wakeboard rap as loud as possible totally disturbing the peace while guys are trying to focus on their putts.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Andrew you may have to resist pitching golf balls off the deck of your BCPC onto the green during the PGA tournie. Just sayin.
Oh that is the challenge I would like to see in the PGA. Golfer hitting one off the deck of a boat a 100yards out onto the green within 15ft of the hole:)

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Andrew you may have to resist pitching golf balls off the deck of your BCPC onto the green during the PGA tournie. Just sayin.
I bet I have 200 "beater" golf balls in my garage that I would be willing to donate to the cause of trying (I live on a course and find lost balls all the time).

Actually I wouldn't do it. Those guys are playing for real money and they don't need some yahoo coming onto their "office" and wrecking shop. Also I heard they are going to keep boats at least 100 yards off the bank along the course and will have the APD boats there to enforce it, which will be unfortunate. It could have been a really cool and unique part of the event to have that kind of spectator access. Oh well.... Lake Austin is soooo sucking on so many levels these days. At least I have the memories.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
yes, it will be the public entry for those who park at a remote location and take the bus to the Dell Match Play tourney. i plan to be there all day on 3/24.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It wouldn't make any sense for them to invest the money paid to launch there back into the area. Like fixing the pot holes at the ramp, making a better dock (like the one at Walsh landing), getting rid of the pooping birds, etc..

What exactly do they do with the money they charge?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The park pass is for Travis county, not parks and wildlife. Travis county doesn't care about you. Texas parks and wildlife doesn't care about lake Austin, therefore any spare money generated from the fees collected will likely go to hike and bike trails or fleet maintenance.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It wouldn't make any sense for them to invest the money paid to launch there back into the area. Like fixing the pot holes at the ramp, making a better dock (like the one at Walsh landing), getting rid of the pooping birds, etc..

What exactly do they do with the money they charge?
Carp.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts