Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us have been around here a while. My routine to some degree the last few years consists of chilling out on ABF. It's loungetime, a distraction. A little less than a year ago, I took on 2 more jobs. So I am employed by 3 companies. That schedule combined with selling my own real estate, combined with my growing knowledge and aficionado for saltwater angling; I decided to sell my bass boat. I've seen folks go their different ways. I never went anywhere, just got super busy. I haven't posted on the TTZ forum because I don't feel like I've got anything to contribute since I am out of the bass tournament world. All I could offer is some BS and an occasional saltwater report. Things are not like they used to be around here, but my life is good and I hope ya'lls is going good as well. I've met many friends on here. Too many to count and all good people. Too many friends to name but if you are reading this and we have hung out, you know who you are. So, I'm not sure what's happening with the site, but, just want to say Kudo's to you my friends; some of the coolest folks I have met in Austin.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RO taco tuesday it is. Yep it's just like what happened to the site? It used to be memes and unicorns. Now maybe it's back to the same site it was before the original what happened to the site thread?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
RO taco tuesday it is. Yep it's just like what happened to the site? It used to be memes and unicorns. Now maybe it's back to the same site it was before the original what happened to the site thread?
Hey party boy! There is a saltwater section and the usual banter we had over here all over on the TTZ Forum as well. You and everyone else are all welcome.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Some of us have been around here a while. My routine to some degree the last few years consists of chilling out on ABF. It's loungetime, a distraction. A little less than a year ago, I took on 2 more jobs. So I am employed by 3 companies. That schedule combined with selling my own real estate, combined with my growing knowledge and aficionado for saltwater angling; I decided to sell my bass boat. I've seen folks go their different ways. I never went anywhere, just got super busy. I haven't posted on the TTZ forum because I don't feel like I've got anything to contribute since I am out of the bass tournament world. All I could offer is some BS and an occasional saltwater report. Things are not like they used to be around here, but my life is good and I hope ya'lls is going good as well. I've met many friends on here. Too many to count and all good people. Too many friends to name but if you are reading this and we have hung out, you know who you are. So, I'm not sure what's happening with the site, but, just want to say Kudo's to you my friends; some of the coolest folks I have met in Austin.
Matt BS and saltwater are always welcome. Dove season is upon us my friend. Let's go shoot at a few man!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Most of my early tournament fishing experience was in the brocraft and trina. Both of you guys sold those boats, makes me sad.

Hey remember that time we fished the SkeeterMatt open (as you and I called it) on Travis in December of 2011? Just me and you in the brocraft crushing coldies and what not, that was my first tournament ever. We weighed a limit, all of which party boy caught, we never got the official standings but unofficially we surmised that we were probably the first team out of the money. That was it man I was hooked! ( i know you like puns) The shotgun start was probably the most badass thing I had ever experienced. All the bass boats were shooting off, Timmay was on our right and seemed a little too close for comfort. We hauled ass out of the pack and we were feeling really good, we had absolutely nowhere to run to, we just wanted to run WOT. Peeled off into a cove and started casting crankbaits for the better part of 5 hours. It was a glorious day indeed.

Or that time we fished that crappie lake and the water was so muddy you could walk across the water. We knew we were in trouble at night when we dropped the supernova submersible in the water and the light completely disappeared the instant it was under the surface. I think the water clarity was negative 200 feet. Instead we just came up with ideas for country song titles and crushed beers in a jon boat, didn't catch a single fish, that was a great trip though.

Or how about the time you and Treylon won back to back Bastrop opens, I sill have pictures from some of those days. Me and sweet baby Steve were committed to the trolling game, we just knew we were going to stick an over. We kept crossing yalls path, every time we would be catching a slot fish and you guys were using your magic tiny flukes to cull another one of your 13.75 inch beauties.
Here's me holding another slot fish as you guys passed by in the brocraft...

Or when we fished on your birthday, then your girlfriend brought all of us guys a big ole mess of BBQ under the bridge. My first thought was whoa, that's way too much BBQ, but of course we all mowed through it happily. I'm pretty sure that brisket saved my life that night. And don't get me started on trout by trout west, so many good parties in the back yard and patio. I actually still have your number in my phone as Bass-N-Bay, old school holmes, respect!

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep, it's confirmed. The awesomeness is still strong with the bros. Simply excellent post John. Sweet memories and I cried a circa 1970's indian highway litter tear when I saw the brocraft pic. Booker the place is somewhat birdless and opening weekend is gonna be lackluster but my ranch neighbor has his eye to sky for us to me know when.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Hi, my name is Matt too. Not Matt too, just Matt. I used to know some of you guys but know I'm all alone. I sit and ponder, what did happen to the site. My personal favorites are big bass, big boobs and skinny chicks. Not necessarily in that order. I have been known to drink some beers and talk a lot of trash. I can't seem to win anything, much less a tourney. I'm growing older, fatter and a lot less wise. I think they should take the wiser out of the Budweiser name, it is not working not matter how much I try. Matt Warren, you are still the go to dude when there is a need for a bon fire and a dude with a guitar. I can not attest to your saltwater fishing skills as I have never been to the big water with you. Either way, I think we should have a little 1000 post or better tourney and see who shows up. Might even have a Rooster or Puma sighting.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
yep, it's confirmed. The awesomeness is still strong with the bros. Simply excellent post John. Sweet memories and I cried a circa 1970's indian highway litter tear when I saw the brocraft pic. Booker the place is somewhat birdless and opening weekend is gonna be lackluster but my ranch neighbor has his eye to sky for us to me know when.
Matt we have a legendary place to hit this year. Just let me know when you are ready bud!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Hi, my name is Matt too. Not Matt too, just Matt. I used to know some of you guys but know I'm all alone. I sit and ponder, what did happen to the site. My personal favorites are big bass, big boobs and skinny chicks. Not necessarily in that order. I have been known to drink some beers and talk a lot of trash. I can't seem to win anything, much less a tourney. I'm growing older, fatter and a lot less wise. I think they should take the wiser out of the Budweiser name, it is not working not matter how much I try. Matt Warren, you are still the go to dude when there is a need for a bon fire and a dude with a guitar. I can not attest to your saltwater fishing skills as I have never been to the big water with you. Either way, I think we should have a little 1000 post or better tourney and see who shows up. Might even have a Rooster or Puma sighting.
I'm pretty sure I caught a fish in your boat one time. Oh yeah, it's on the left in my sig, that dinky little 8 pounder. I've caught a lot of 9s and some 10s since then, but I've never thought about replacing that 8 pounder with a different pic. Three reasons, Skeeter Matt took that picture (and he just snatched the fish from the water with his man hands, no net needed), I'm wearing a longhorn's hat which is kick ass, and I can't photoshop for ****. So yeah, no need to ever replace that glorious fish pic.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Vibe has deffo changed but the OGs will always be around. Hopefully you keep posting but if not know that you are my hero and I'm pretty much modeling my life after you.

and id take the salt over chasing glorified sunfish anyday

1 - 20 of 27 Posts