Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm new to the forums. I have been bass fishing lady bird lake for years. It has always been great. Close to home, great fishing quality, and overall a great place to bass fish. This year it turned off. The water clarity has changed to become crystal clear and it is overgrown with seaweed. I constantly get skunked now and am lucky to catch a fish when I go out. Anyone have any ideas what happened to this beautiful fishing spot? Anyone fishing ladybird having any luck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
"Lady Bird Lake experienced a harmful algae bloom in 2019, which sickened and killed several dogs. Another one has occurred in 2020," the city said on its algae web page .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Lady Bird Lake experienced a harmful algae bloom in 2019, which sickened and killed several dogs. Another one has occurred in 2020," the city said on its algae web page .
I do remember the algae bloom. I was fishing in it the entire season though and didn't notice it affect the fishing. Maybe it had more long term affects

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I’m not sure what the spin is here guys. Last year’s “harmful algae bloom“ is this year’s 8 pounder. Are y’all drinking the lake water or fishing it?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Nice bass. What did you catch him on? Top of the water or bottom? Are you near fiesta gardens?
Here’s the report I posted about the 8#er:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts