Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down there with my girlfriend the other afternoon. She brought her dog and a hammock, and I had my mountainbike. We started at Bull Creek district park. result--this park is disgusting. There is trash everywhere up and down the creek. There are piles of beer cans and bottles where people drink along the creek and leave litter. Both alcohol and glass are not supposed to be in the park. There are pee napkins in the woods where women are urinating and there is dog crap everywhere. I was disgusted so we packed up and went up the creek to the park at Link Falls. Holy Cow it's worse. It's like a party zone and not the good kind of party. Broken glass all along the rocks. Saw a dirty diaper on the ground. We walked past some serious thug types that had 2 cases of alcohol and some drugged out side kicks. Super glad they didn't talk **** to us. Down the creek there were creepy dudes taking pics of teen models. 3 different girls and about 15 photographers-not the kind of deal you would want your daughter involved with I'm pretty sure. More litter, more bottles and pretty sure what I believe to be actual human ****. I'm just blown away that the parks dept and police have let what used to be a beautiful park in an expensive part of town turn into a miniature Detroit. I've seen alot of changes in this town, and it's whatever. Things change and that's fine. But when nice places are ruined like this park has been, it's alot more sad to me than seeing your favorite bar turned into a condo tower.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Matt. I'm so with you. This town has changed a lot in the last 10 years. It is to bad the things you mention are happening. I can count on 2 fingers the number of times I go in to Austin or cross 2222 and 360 in a year. Moving is certainly in our discussion. At least further out of Austin in the future.

Oh. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
There's a line from a blues song that goes "the way I used to love you... is the way I hate you now." That most certainly is the way I feel about what's happened to Austin, which is not the town I fell in love with 45 years ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts