Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
I suspect a guide like Strictly Bizness will figure it out way before us one a week fisherman will. In all the years I've fished, there' s a lot of variables at play when a flood occurs. The time of year a flood ocurs and the water temperature at the time before and after the flood both come into play. Fish will spread out and try to conserve energy out of the current and where water is not so fast. This could be an Eddie or in deep water where the water is not moving as fast. I've thought both occur in the shallows and deep in certain areas of any lake. Most fisherman, me included, will fish shallower. Whenever the water level raises bass tend to move up with the water into newly flooded areas and move back down as the water recedes. Shallow water is new territory for bass to investigate. Types of baits to throw vary by angler and whether its a clear lake or a lake with a lot of structure. CB, BuZZ bait, senko, bang-o, spinner bait, etc., all will work. When the shallow bite slows down, I always go deeper. This could be anywhere from 10 feet to 30 feet depending on where I see bait on the depth finder. Specifically where will they be? That's a good question. But I've found they will be in the creeks. From the mouth of the creek all the way to the back. That is, until the fresh vegetation begins to sour. Once that occurs, then I go off shore.

Bassectomy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info! No, not like where exactly does anyone fish, but more like what’s the strategy. Again really appreciate the advice. Hopefully they’ll open back up soon. Anyone know if Decker’s open and or how to check?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts