Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a private lake in East Texas. We were told that we should be catching 6,7,8,9s all day. Well I guess they meant inches, because that's what we caught. I caught the biggest and it was 5.5lbs. I will go back there again and again. The place was amazing. Water clarity was 10ft and the bass were those beautiful colors they should be.

Now the bad part. It was the first time I fell off of my boat. I was standing on the very bow of the boat. I have a deep-v and I was not in the well of the bow, but I was standing where the light and trolling motor go. My daughter got her lure stuck on shore, so we headed in to get her unstuck. As we were backing out we bumped a stump. There were lots of stumps in the lake. I lost my footing and started to fall backwards. I reached for my daughter to balance myself and she backed away, so I wouldn't take her in the water with me. It was a neste plunge. She said I looked terrified as I fell. Yep, because I thought I was going to hit a stump and become paralyzed. Thank the good lord I missed the stumps. I fell in with three rods. I grabbed on rod, one was hooked to my shoulder, and the other we had to GPS and look in the water for. Water was 7ft and clarity let us find it immediately. I did lose my Costa sunglasses, but they were on their last leg anyway. Just glad I was able to walk away safely.

Please be careful out there and don't do what I did.

Be safe

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Damn glad neither you or your daughter were hurt and all it really cost was some pride and a older pair of Costas.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha,

$80 for food
$80 for fuel
$135 for hotel
$11 to fix broken eye on rod
Won $200 on a scratch ticket;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts