Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues with the new boat.
I hope the prop works out for you.

Not quite sure if I under stand why it would plane with two people a week ago and won't now, but I don't know squatt about PB's, except that you usually don't have to paddle them.
Chuck, Hashaam wanted me to tell you he said for you to stick to kayaks. He's got that elitest boater attitude now. I think the only reason he talks to me is cause he thinks im Indian.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^thisFor example, my 16 ft with 40 rude will get up on plane with 2 guys and gear, but add a third guy, and no plano. Weight is a big factor on smaller boats.
that too. Ol Bessie will plane out with RO Stapper me and several hundred pounds of live well water and beer but its had the Bobby tune.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Chuck, Hashaam wanted me to tell you he said for you to stick to kayaks. He's got that elitest boater attitude now. I think the only reason he talks to me is cause he thinks im Indian.
I was wondering why he PM'd me asking about adhesive glitter...

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
i'm no expert but an old fuel line caused me headaches at high rpm. try replacing the bulb, filter and lines before you spend a bunch of money. .10 of electical tape gained me 15 mph. i hope it's a simple fix for you.

Reactions: BassBlaster

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Filter and fuel lines are brand new.

I took some video today to show you guys what I mean. The boat did get on plane today with 2 people and gear, it just took about a minute.

This is what happens for the first minute of giving it gas, stuck at 4100 RPMs

Then after about a minute and a half it took off onto plane

--

Tested it rest of the day and same story. Takes bout a minute but then gets on plane. A lot better than the first attempt where it just flat out refused to get on plane.

Thinking I'll see how it functions after the accelerator pump and a new prop and then go from there.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
forgot to mention two things.

- When it kicks in, it goes from 4100 to 5500 in just a few seconds. It's 4100rpm struggle for a minute and then it just rears up and gets on plane and 5500 rpm.

- With just one person in the boat, it gets on plane every time no problem and it goes straight to 5500 without the 1 minute lag at 4100rpm

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Like i said, i'm no expert but it looks like you are on lake austin. have you tried running your boat on travis in clean water without the hydrilla?

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Only tried at Decker where it did not plane and today on Austin.

I didn't think something like that could be an issue. Interested to try Travis now, just need to find a spot to launch with 2wd. Thanks

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes it is, at least to my knowledge. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Gary will have to chime in. He put some part to do with the carb in the motor, I have no idea what he did but it worked so far. I will test it more this week

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sure why not, probably put a flux capacitor in there as well.

I think I heard the words fuel accelerator once, or carb something. Richard or Gary should chime in here eventually.

Reactions: RO
21 - 36 of 36 Posts