Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew and I fished hard Sat/Sun. Saturday we fished almost the entire day and boated over 50 LMB. The water temp was 67 and we fished the mid-lake areas. We caught fish on chrome topwaters and camo jigs. All travis sized fish under 3 lbs (same much smaller), exept one 6 lber caught swimming the jig in the hurst harbor. She hit as I pulling the bait out of water for a "when nature attacks-like moment".

Sunday we fished until 1:00 and boated 35, same patterns. With the wind i did throw a spinnerbait but no takers. The lake was very empty with the clouds/wind, but the fish were very active. All average fish...it is good that I am still the "cool Uncle".

I appreciate the direction from the forum on where to go. My nephew was very excited to boast of his catches.

· Registered
111 Posts
Good report... I knew I should have fish my haunts at mid-lake. Took a friend out on Sat afternoon and fished Cypress and Sandy Creeks and did not do well. Trying to find new areas at Main Lake. I think I will stay mid-lake from now on until I figure Main Lake patterns. Been catching 25-40 fish at midlake throughout the fall at mid-lake. I just have not figured out Main Lake yet.

Thanks for the report

· Registered
10,147 Posts
SAL428,
You must be David?

Nice report David. Good to see Travis is still producing good bass.

PS for those that do not know David, check out the nice bass below...
ShareLunker No. 428
Caught by David Reinarz of Austin, TX
February 18, 2007 in Austin
13 pounds, length 25.75 inches, girth 20 inches
Bait/Lure: 1/4-oz. black jig, watermelon brush hog
Water Body Record? No
Day of Week: Sun
Moon Phase: N+1

· Registered
467 Posts
I finally gave up and went out in the white caps on Saturday for the last two hours of fishing. As i expected the fish were on the main lake bluffs - just did not try it the last three trips in the wind. We caught about 20 fish and lost 4 with the waves coming over the bow every other wave in 2 hours - pumkin 6" zoom 6' to 24'. Obviously would have caught more without the waves throwing me all around. Lower end between Sandy and Cypress. I had alomost lost hope.

MF

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am David and the Share-a-lunker pictured was a special day. Many on this board know the story. I went to Lake Austin that day because there was a very large tourney on Travis. While awaiting my partner at the 360 ramp, I caught an 8.5...I then caught the 13 about 2 hours later - only fish I caught that day. I do have several pictures with both fish.

I am always open to try to catch another SAL on Austin.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.