Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great fishing, Great weather !!!!
I fished from 12:30 PM on Friday till 7PM, Saturday from 6:30AM til 7PM, and Sunday morning from 6:30AM till 10AM.
Friday caught a couple of 12"ers and a 20 1/8" - 4.6 lber. (My fish fish ever on a Spro frog - black with yellow spots)
Daughters boyfriend came showed up at 9:30 Friday night to fish the rest of the weekend.  We fished Saturday early until the UTfootball game and caught about 30 LMB at the dam in about 2-4 feet of water between the spillway/floodgates and rock piles throwing against the flood gates with watermelon red Zoom 6" lizards and brushhogs.  
Also as the sun was setting, we trolled the middle due west, with firetiger DD22's and Justin caught two stripers and I caught one.  All in about 15 minutes as the sun was setting.  Justin's striper was about 26" long.  
Can't get photobucket to work right now, but will try again tomorrow night or later tonight to post the photos.  Took photos of most of the fish caught and beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  Great time on the water, and what a way to spend my anniversary....whoops
She had a good weekend also spending time on the dock and in the cabin with our daughter.  We watched the "game" Saturday night.  It was rough.  Oldest daughter graduated from UT in 2009 and youngest is a senior at Texas Tech.  SAD and GLAD.....

Sorry for the long post, but a lot happened.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

Tight lines :cool:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think for off peak season, it is a little high. We had the two bedroom cabin, and it was $147 per night including tax. Should probably have been more like $100 a night at the most. When the water comes back up, the cabins will be within probably 50 feet of the water and should be more worth it. We had two complaints. First the sprinkler system outside the cabin was on a timer and came on at midnight and soaked my deep cycle battery and charger plugged in and I had to get soaked at 1AM to get my battery and move it. Also it soaked our bags of charcoal because we didn't know the sprinkler was going to come on. And it soaked the ground which made it soggy and muddy around the cabin. We asked them to turn off the sprinkler timer the next night. Second, Robert (Ranger R77 came to visit us for about 15-20 minutes and just to say Hi since he was visiting his uncle that lives about 5 miles away, and when I went to check out, Cheryl at the front desk told me she had had to charge Robert $10 as a day guest. I complained and argued that he was only there about 20 minutes to say hi and she finally agreed to refund the $10. I was pissed.
The grounds are very clean and well kept, the pool is beautiful, but the cabins are cheap made. One door of the shower was missing so they had a shower curtain up for half the shower, and the shower control handle fell off when you tried to adjust the temperature. The air conditioner worked great. The furniture (couch and chair) were uncomfortable but it is a cabin. Just think the rate this time of year should be around $100 based on other cabins such as at Thunderbird and Siver Creek.
Sorry for the long winded review, but hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Glad to hear you got the $10 back, that's BS they tried to charge you for that. I had the same thing happen to me while staying at Twin Dikes on Sam Rayburn. They tried to charge my cousin $10, for stopping by to say hi and when we told them he was leaving in a few min, the guy got in my face and insisted he leave imeadiately or they were going to call the cops for treaspassing. And he threatened we would all have to leave, and I would not be refunded. We didn't press the issue and my cousin left, but I won't ever stay there again if I can camp somewhere else around there. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.