21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Did the perch size seem to matter?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice! Lazy man fishing, I'm really familiar to that! The only prob is I get WAY drunk doing that! I only started really fishing artificial hard about 3 years ago. It so much harder, and you really only catch bass. Think I might go back to my roots this weekend and do a little fun fishing too! Thanks for the report trey!

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Honestly, it didn't. Ninja's 6.5 came on a perch that was maybe 3 inches and I caught a 3-4lber on a perch that was around 8 inches. My big fish came on one that was probably 6 inches.

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
I remember Roland Martin used to free line these magnum shiners and destroy pigs in Florida. Trey, I think you guys might have started a renaissance of live bait pig extraction. Hope folks use circle hooks to minimize gut trauma. Maybe if live bait is allowed in a T, they may permit trolling too...anything goes.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
you did not cheat, just bent the rules a bit LOL.

Reactions: ChitownLonghorn

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
hey, this may be a way to get my 10 year old interested in fishing LA>

Reactions: Dez

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
We used the power pole to keep the boat positioned. Do we get some trophy points for that?
No points for only one pole. According to my sources two poles minimum (both must be deployed and then retracted before taking off) for trophy points consideration.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Just for discussion, there is so much implied skill when it comes to bass fishing. I would bet if you went down to Falcon for 3 days you'd have a better shot at catching a DD throwing artificials than soaking perch on LA for 3 days. And it wouldn't even be close regarding the #s of 7-8 lb fish caught using lures on Falcon vs live bait on Austin.

I've taken my buddy's 4-7 yr old kids out perch jerking and have floated a live perch on one of the rods for the kids plenty of times with nothing to show for it.

So are 10 lbers from Falcon also considered "cheater bass"?

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Just for discussion, there is so much implied skill when it comes to bass fishing. I would bet if you went down to Falcon for 3 days you'd have a better shot at catching a DD throwing artificials than soaking perch on LA for 3 days. And it wouldn't even be close regarding the #s of 7-8 lb fish caught using lures on Falcon vs live bait on Austin.

I've taken my buddy's 4-7 yr old kids out perch jerking and have floated a live perch on one of the rods for the kids plenty of times with nothing to show for it.

So are 10 lbers from Falcon also considered "cheater bass"?

No cheater bass by any means but nothing to write home about. As much as I would like to say a ten is a ten is a ten, Falcon has raised the bar so high that tens are not what they used to be back in the day. Fork did the same thing in the early 90's. Guides were not even mentioning the countless 7,8,9's they were catching.

For me, single big fish don't impress me that much, not to sound like I am taking anything away from it. What impresses me is guys that can claim some of these monster sacks, 30, 40 even high 40's. That is just insane and anybody that has spent any time in the front of a bass boat knows how truly "once in a lifetime" a day like that can be.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts