Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water is getting in my live wells before I even kick on the pump. I'm still a novice boat owner and I don't recall this happening in the past.
Does this mean there is a problem in my system?

Thanks in advance,
Lupe

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Check to see if the overflow drain pipe is secure. Water can enter an empty livewell at the bottom of the overflow pipe if it's not tightened sufficiently or the the washer is worn

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fuzz. I'll take a look at that connection.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My livewell doesn't have an exposed drain pipe. There is a pvc pipe hole on the back wall of the livewell that is open. There was a plastic nut on the inside that is snug tight. I also noticed a black rubber stopper at the bottom of the livewell that fits that hole opening. I guess that's how water is kept from coming in. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I take it out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ander.
When I first bought my boat several years ago, I don't remember water getting into the livewell without me pumping it in. I think that black rubber stopper might have popped out of that hole and that's when it started coming in. I'll pay more attention to it to see what's going on.

Now that I live in SA I don't get to see you and your dog out on the water at Bastrop or LA. Hope all is well. Maybe I'll run into you at Canyon lake of LBJ one of these days.
Take care and tight lines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts