Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summary:No bites. from shore or otherwise.

went on based on report: https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/reptform2.php?lake=WALTER+E.+LONG&archive=latest&yearcat=current&Submit=Go

Target fish: catties
Lake: Walter E long
Date: 8/19/17 1-6pm
Weather: clear sky, HOT 100F
Water Conditions: normal/murky

baits: live worms, chicken liver
Strats: drop shot, top water, thermoline

Depths fished: 10-30ft| mainly ~ 20 ft

first post, have mercy :D
was there 3 days ago , from dock 4 hours 2 perch. dock is shallow and surrounded by underwater vegetation.

Prob wont be going back here for a while :eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Summary:No bites. from shore or otherwise.

went on based on report: https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/action/reptform2.php?lake=WALTER+E.+LONG&archive=latest&yearcat=current&Submit=Go

Target fish: catties
Lake: Walter E long
Date: 8/19/17 1-6pm
Weather: clear sky, HOT 100F
Water Conditions: normal/murky

baits: live worms, chicken liver
Strats: drop shot, top water, thermoline

Depths fished: 10-30ft| mainly ~ 20 ft

first post, have mercy :D
was there 3 days ago , from dock 4 hours 2 perch. dock is shallow and surrounded by underwater vegetation.

Prob wont be going back here for a while :eek:
Thank you for the report.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
First rule. Don't bother with the TPWD reports. Those things are a joke. :p They often just copy/paste reports from the same time last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc. No clue where they dig up that weird info they post for those things. haha

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
First rule. Don't bother with the TPWD reports. Those things are a joke. :p They often just copy/paste reports from the same time last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc. No clue where they dig up that weird info they post for those things. haha
I quit reading those back when the COE lakes were closed due to the government shutdown. Yet somehow they still were getting reports.....that is when I knew they were total BS.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I totally agree. I was out there this week and the water was crystal clear. No way was it murky the day before i was there.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I posted this a couple years ago and this is what TPWD stated. "Reports are compiled each week by an outside contractor and he gets much of his lake-by-lake information from fishing guides or frequent anglers who spend a lot of time on specific lakes. In some cases the contractor may not get a report from anyone on a particular lake."

http://www.austinbassfishing.com/forum/striped-hybrid-white-bass-reports/47094-i-know-they-re-unreliable-best-but.html#post415620

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
One of these days I swear I'm going to get to the bottom of how/when TPWD gets the information they post as fishing reports.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
You can always check the reports I post on my website for area lakes as well. Each Sunday I update the lakes I've fished during the past week.

Fishing Reports

I need to start including water temp and water clarity info as well. Not sure why I've never thought about that before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts