Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I what I mean is they put the East Texas lakes in the Louisiana region, Sam Rayburn and Toledo are in that region instead of in the Cowboy region where they have been for the last 10 years.  It's not a big deal if you live in East Texas I guess but for guys here in Central Texas it sux.  We have the option of fishing North Texas lakes that we have never fished as part of the BFL Cowboy devision... well Palestine would be the only exception.  

I can't make it out Saturday morning, because I'll be working at the Texas Parks and Wildlife Expo.

· Premium Member
2,317 Posts
I see.. So if you fish that schedule and do well, you can get a backseat, when ( or if) FLW comes back to Austin?

Just wonerding.

EA.

PS. Try to make one Sat. Be good to see you out there.

G

·
So, what was it like being paired up and fishing with the guy sitting no. 1 in the BFL Cowboy Division (Bebber is it?) on Big Sam this past weekend? How was the fishing?

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you think it would be great, but the guy wasn't on a good school of fish. Caught a bunch of little fish and caught just 5 keepers all day for a limit, but couldn't cull. I had a single 4 lb fish, but missed a big one on a frog bite. The guy was overly focused on loosing that 1st place spot and ran all over the lake instead putting his down and fishing.

G

·
I just got the new brochures in the mail for the FLW Tour and Series. Members of the Ranger's Owners Group can begin registration online starting Oct 31 for the FLW Tour and November 6 for the FLW Series. However, none of these are in Texas this year according to these brochures I got. I thought they were going to hit up Amistad this year?!?

FLW Tour Schedule:
Feb 28-Mar2 @ Lake Toho in FL
April 3-6 Lewis Smith Lake, Jasper, AL
April 24-27 Lake Norman in NC
May 15-18 Beaver Lake in AR
June 19-22 Fort Loudoun-Tellico Lakes in TN
July 10-13 Detroit River
Aug 14-17 Lake Murray in SC
FLW Series:
Eastern Division
Jan 23-26 Lake Okeechobee in FL
Mar 26-29 Wheeler Lake in AL
Sep 10-13 Lake Champlain in NY
Oc 22-25 Clarks Hill in GA
Western Division
March 12-15 California Delta in CA
May 7-10 Lake Mead in NV
Sep 17-20 Columbia River in WA
Oct 8-11 Lake Shasta in CA.

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I'm guessing the TTT will be the only trail worth fishing if you're going to fish in an FLW event this season from a central texas perspective. I'm not going to fish anything next season. Decided I'm taking a year off and will come back the year after when FLW comes back to Travis and BFL puts Rayburn back in the Cowboy division. :)

· Registered
587 Posts
I concur, the TTT is the way to go. Especially if you fish new water. BassChamps off limits period only benefits the locals that know in depth how to change with the conditions. Since all BassCahmps are in the spring just imagine what a week off a new body of water will do you mentally before a tourney. I will say I do not like the payouts for TTT, but for a traveling circuit it is the best in the region. Plus if you are a ranger, evinrude, minnkota, lowrance, owner. You are golden! Too bad I'm a Legend, Merc., Motorguide owner, but Legend pays me 2K if I do win ;D

· Registered
285 Posts
No one has comfirmed a Texas Tournament Trail for 08. Disucssions are still being had, Maybe Mike or Dean can comment, however as of today there has not been any confirmation the TTT will be back. I hope they figure something out for the Ranger owners.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.