Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of recent posts asked about how to post photos. Here is how I do it. [Assumptions: Windows OS, though may work similarly on Macs; photos already in a folder on your hard drive] Please post if you know alternate methods or have tips.

1. If you don't already have an account with a photo sharing site, sign up for one. Most folks here use Photobucket.com

2. Upload photos to your account. This may work slightly differently depending on your browser software and photo sharing site, but look for an Upload link and select the ones you want to share from your folder)

3. After uploading, view your photo in your choice of size in your account. While looking at the photo, right-click on it and choose "Copy Image Location" (using Firefox). Some sharing sites have preformatted links for you to copy.

4. Open a new browser window, go to ABF, start a new topic or reply on an existing one. When you get to where you want your picture to show up, click the Insert Image icon.

5. This results in the following code. Note that your cursor is blinking in between the two tags:

6. Now, paste your link right there. The code now reads:

7. Click the Preview button to make sure your text and photo are appearing like you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I wanted to reside my photo smaller can that be done after posting or does that have to be done beforehand?

·
Administrator
3,640 Posts
It can be done after, however Photobucket might issue the photo a new ID, if that's the case you can just copy the new ID in place of the old one and it will show the image re sized.

Photobucket does has pre-setup sizes you can click if you want to make an image smaller also.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Yeah there's several new ways to attached images quickly and easily. Maybe you can do some nice screen caps of the steps again, but I will list some here quickly:

1. You can right click on just about any image on the internet and Copy The Image URL. Past that link in your post and put these tags around it -

2. Use the My Albums feature located at the top of the site under Community to host and link your photos on the site quickly and easily.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts