Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been some good discussion in other threads about the upcoming HHJ schedule.  I thought it would help to consolidate the discussion into one thread.  Here is the latest from the discussions I've seen.

Note:  There is a major tourney with 80+ boats on Lake Travis launching from Mansfield dam on 1/27.  Thus it has been proposed to postpone the HHJ on 1/27 to 2/3 and fish a Big Bass Rally on 1/27 instead (see below).

1/27 Big Bass Rally (Decker or Bastrop)
2/3   HHJ (Lake Travis)
2/10 ?? (Stillhouse?)
2/17 FLW
2/24 HHJ (Lake Austin...assuming safe level)

Feel free to post your $0.02.  Ultimately it's up to the T directors..

-Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
I am in for Bastrop Sat the 27! What time and if yall do big bass only there will be some confusion as to what to to with the pot if knowbody gets the big boy. I will be glad to help do it like we did Decker last year. But count me in anyway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,578 Posts
Jeff,

We usually do big bass with a pic of the fish and scale.  It would be too much work to carry the pot over to the next rally if we did it by the book...that is unless Rich decides to show up and nearly break the lake record again.

I really don't care where we meet this weekend, just need to get out and fish!  If Bastrop falls through Terry and I were thinking of hitting Choke.  So far it looks like Rich, Jeremy and Eric are out this weekend.  Yung, Alan...what say you?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,647 Posts
Fob,

Don't know if I'm in yet.  I already made plans to fish Travis with Bassfinder but that was before I heard about the TX bass Federation and their 80 boat tourny being out there.  

I'll talk with Jeff and see if he'd be up for a change of venue.  

I'll post up at the highly recommended pre-tourny online roll call. I definitely like the idea of a roll call.  Speaking of Roll Call; Might want to post up the finalized rules before Saturday.

-RH225-
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,460 Posts
I hate to change my vote - but I am leaning towards being out this weekend...too many of us won't be out there and too many maybe's at this point....

It's supposed to be a high of 70 degrees and almost no wind for Choke Canyon saturday.... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Well if the tourny is over around 11:30 - then I will try and make it. I have to work that night so I wasn't going to fish this weekend but the early end time and the fact that it is Bastrop make it all too tempting. All of this is assuming if I can find a boater - any open back seats?

Terry and Airfob - honestly I would wait a little longer b4 heading to Choke - unless you have heard things... the powerplant lakes are still the best bet right now. Just don't want you to make the long haul for not so good fishing.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top