Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chumps on LA...hahahahahahhahaha

We decided to try our hand on yalls stingy lake today.  ;)Put in around noon and fished till dark. Boated 12, 6 unders, and biggest about 4lbs. Everyone we talked to said it was a slow day. Looked for beds with no luck. Looked for cool water with no luck. Temps ranged from 67 to 70. Hit about 12 different spots on the lake threw everything we had, I even thought about putting Buck on a hook... ;D

Couple of pics. First two is a guy named Robert caught an 8 lber. Nice guy in a beautiful Ranger. He's a lurker on the site. Maybe this will bring him out.

Last pic was my 4lber. Finally caught a fish over 1.5lbs on this darn lake.  :-/

Good times though...

Z    8)

· Registered
162 Posts
Dang Z,

I can't believe you didn't mention the most thrilling moment of the day!! Check this out: Anybody ever piss off one of them "teradactyle" size Swans? Well, we didn't do it, but some ski boat in a cove must have hacked one off pretty bad, cause that big buzzard was comin' after them "h" bent for leather..........and lo and behold it turns and comes right at us...........and I thought Z was about to "give birth" right there on the boat!! Close call to say the least.........she'da kicked our butts!!
Bucky

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Those two Swans almost got me hurt one night. I was coming accross the water at night time and I saw these two together on the water and thought it was a boat on the water with their lights turned off. I shut my boat down as fast as I could and whipped the boat towards the shore line. Stupid birds shouldn't even be on this lake. I sure thought I was about to T-bone some one.

· Registered
162 Posts
No brother.........this was the "Super-Size" Swan!!  She had about a six foot wingspan and almost got right in that ski boat with them and they were having a hard time getting away from her, before she looked at the two little bass chumps..........and I was wondering how i was gonna explain about this **%## to AFLAC!!
If this "mama-jama" had bit you as a child......we'd a seen it on CNN.  But I'm with you, Z had that net ready...........!
(Notice....I'd sure rather be talkin' bout the fish we caught, but.....)

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Man Z sorry I couldnt help you out more when you contacted me.

I was on the lower end for a few hrs myself yesterday and had a tough go. Caught a few dinks and one good one that broke me off.

Really dont know whats going on out on Austin seems to be impossible atleast for me to pattern anything.

Take Care
H.H.J.

· Registered
162 Posts
We spent the early part of the day sight-fishing and couldn't find anything.......despite the water temps in the 68-70 range. Fished mostly within a couple of miles of 360 bridge either way. Water seemed a little "murky". We caught fish on jigs, crankbaits and a couple of top-waters at the end of the day. Not too many pleasure boaters out there, which made for a pretty nice day.

· Registered
476 Posts
i was out there myself yesterday from 3-8 and had a rough time. I only manged 3 unders.

You have to watch those swans they are viscous things. It is funny to watch them peck boats clean in the docks though.

as for robert ... I always run into him at travis and austin.

· Registered
139 Posts
Alright, you brought me out of hiding, I am no longer lurking ::). Actually, I just found my password. I thought my handle was pondwater, but I guess it's Rangerbob. You know, my name is Robert, I have a ranger boat. yadda yadda yadda.

Caught that 8lber on green pumpkin senko in 3' of water at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Robert
aka Rangerbob

· Registered
1,388 Posts
I will take credit for RangerBob coming out of hiding. Heheheheh. Saw his picture and gave him a call to congratulate him on a nice fish.

Now he is out of the closet :eek:

Nice Fish Robert. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.