Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the help
on how to post pics  went out and caught all fish under lights on white crank bait 4-12 foot of water between 8:00-1:00 Ive  done better but it was a fun night of fishing i need to invest in a scale

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Nice big LMB!

Here we go on the extraction of bigs! You can't post a report and pics like that without expecting some raised eyebrows and conservation concerns on harvesting the big females. Nice catch anyway, but you'll make more fans on this forum if you show release pics of the bigs and keep the littles for the fryer! Sounds like a fun night under the lights.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
it's official.. I dislike this smurphy guy *grin*.. nice catches there. I was just talking about the lights on LT today, and we were debating hitting some, but with the lake level, heck.. was curious if any of them were even in the water anymore.. heh

Also.. the cold.. I like my warmth ;)

Great pics!

R

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for some reason before i went out that night i told my self i wanted to keep whatever i caught that was big enough little did i know i was gonna catch two lunkers normally i catch and release everything except the whites or crappie but i know there are many more really nice LM in LT

·
Registered
55 Posts
3D3E2C2C313D3E265F0 said:
for Black bass, learn to catch and release.  

Here is a link for you.

http://bassrelease.com/
Yes smurph, you need to invest in a scale..........the two large ones look more like 5 1/2lb and 6lb...........and it would definitely be a good idea to pracitice catch and release......especially with the larger fish like that :'(............JMHO however.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
446A6D64667161716662675C4E626D030 said:
[quote author=3D3E2C2C313D3E265F0 link=1263783467/0#8 date=1263840792]for Black bass, learn to catch and release.  

Here is a link for you.

http://bassrelease.com/
Yes smurph, you need to invest in a scale..........the [highlight]two large ones look more like 5 1/2lb and 6lb[/highlight]...........and it would definitely be a good idea to pracitice catch and release......especially with the larger fish like that :'(............JMHO however.[/quote]

I Agree with the highlighted. Maybe a LIGHT seven for the largest of the two.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
This is funny, I told someone not to get into these discussions just last night, and here I go.

He's a grown man. You folks are grown adults too.

It's his right, whether we like it or not, to do what he wants and is legal.

You don't like it? Let them go, I do. But stop talking to him like he is a child. He kept a few fish. When we have an ABF tourney, we keep and cook some slot fish too.

Help him understand ways to help the sport but keep it civil. Name calling, i.e. the previous post, does not in any form or fashion aide the 'cause' of helping improve the sport.

Smurphy, those are some great fish and grats on catching them.

Do not be scared away from this great site by those that would choose to scold you for things they do not agree with.

We all kept fish when we were kids, heck.. my dad taught me how to scale them, thank God I don't do that anymore.. lol.. but on the larger ones, do like I did.. buy a cheap old digital camera and keep it (and extra batteries... lol) in your boat and take pics so you can brag to all of us.

Me, I do not care if folks keep some small slot size fish. I don't simply because I catch enough whites and stripers to have food, but the large ones, if you let them go, tend to make the sport more fun.

It's sorta like sharing the catch with all the other folks so we can share with someone else too.

I have a guy down the road that walked up to my door with his son asking for a scale one day.. with two bass that would dwarf the ones you caught in his hands.. TWO.. heh..

I just looked at him and shook my head. No idea where he got them at, but I doubt that he even understood what he had done.. heh

Anyway, enjoy your catch. Do NOT let the rudeness of a few members deter you from the fact that the majority of folks on this site are good folks, even the grumpy ones.. *grin*.. enjoy seeing you catch a few fish. Just think about the guy before you that caught a nice fish...the ones you may be holding, and return the favor.

But by all means, enjoy a bass dinner once in a while.. heh

Shoot me a pm if you run low on bass in your freezer and we'll talk about the finer points of white and striper.. like the ones I need to learn.. lol

Russ

p.s. and you grumpy people.. smile a little bit for goodness sake.... sheesh..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.