Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was nasty out there, and the places we had fish were in the wind, don’t know if there were any places out of the wind.  There were times running the TM where a wave would roll over the bow of the boat and fill the cockpit area up to the base of the seats.  The bilge pumps must have pumped 1000 gallons of water yesterday.  

We had two in the boat by 8:30 and went to another spot and the TM would not work, only in the constant on position.  Well that would not work with all the wind so I called Texas Boat World and spoke to Ken in the trolling motor shop who said "Bring it” So after a talk with the tourney officials we were off to TBW.  I called TBW again for directions and spoke to Josh this time and he gave me directions from the Lake.   When we pulled in Josh met us outside, these guys were great, they knew that we were in a tourney and losing precious time and went to work immediately.  It was a simple fix, the switch had gone out and in a manor of minutes they had the new one in.    I can’t say enough about how great their service was.  I have always heard that the service at TBW was great, and now I can verify it.  

So we get back to the lake and have lost only 1.5 hours of fishing time.  Which to me was amazing since it was about a 50 mile round trip.  Head back to our spot in the wind and get two big smallies in the boat.  (3-3.5 each) We finish out our limit with another smallie about 2.5 and still have about an hour.   Did not get another bite and think we have between 11-12 lbs.  With how bad the wind has been, I'm thinking we might just get a check.  We weigh in and have 11.49, and as it turns out I think we were 1st place out of the money.   They pay 12 places and 12th had 11.65.   Oh well at least at that point I knew we had qualified for the Championship in January.   I stayed warm, well most of me did as I wore tennis shoes and my feet along with every inch of the boat was soaked.   Luckily I had the for-site to put on thermal socks, which kept me warm enough.   It was a tough tournament dealing with the 4-5' rollers and the TM fiasco but we did qualify which was the main goal.  

Good Fishin'
JR

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Rich,
There is one qualifer left on Stillhouse on Dec. 7th and the Championship is on Belton Jan. 10th with the weigh in at the Bell Co. Expo Center during the boat show. Really looking forward to it hopfully we can get a nice sack to show off at weigh in. JR

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
JR,

Sorry about your luck, but congrats on qualifying for the championship.   I'll probably be working the Belton Boat Show with the TBW crew so I look forward to walking over and supporting you at the championship weigh-in.  Hopefully you won't be drenched like in '07.    

Doesn't surprise me that Cliff and the crew took care of you and got you back in the competition.  They are a great bunch of people to be do business with and be associated with.

Now my only question is; did you stop by Krystals and grab a dozen gut bombs for the drive home?  

Rude    

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yung,
Dont think we werent talking about it, but it was a little further past TBW and we were definitely wanting to get back on the water. (Not sure if I have recovered from the last dozen I had)

I will be there to work the show on the 11th hanging out with you guys. Hopfully I will have a smile on my face from Saturdays weigh in!

I have new rain wear that will hopfully eliminate the problems in 07, I still get chills thinking about it. JR

·
Administrator
1,528 Posts
i've had the same thing happen in wet conditions with the TM. The little black rubber boot that covers the switch will let water in if it has a tear in it. You need to inspect that boot every so often to make sure it's intact. Especially if you are fishing in a driving rain. You might be able to cheat with some liquid electrical tape to fix a tear. But by then it's usually too late. When i ordered the boot and switch, i got a couple extras.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alan,
My older TM's had that boot, but this one does not have it.  It is just a switch and there was nothing covering the connections.  Oh well either way they got it fixed.  

Yep those smallies are fun.  They hit like a freight train, and then swin right to the boat, then realize they dont want to be near the boat and go nuts.  Very crazy trying to net one that does not want to come up and deal with the 30mph wind at the same time.  
JR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.