Bass Fishing Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Me and David didnt do to good but I had a hell of a time! I learned a few things too. Like dont open a fresh beer right before you move spots. Hauling ass over boat wakes will quickly empty it. Dont eat right before plowing over said waves for risk of your food coming unsettled (no i didnt puke). And crankbaits during water release just doesnt work on LA. My favorite part of the night was when David was plowing over waves catching a little air and he turns to me and says "sorry if I'm scaring you". Then without hesitation he picks up speed quick enough to make my eyes water like crazy haha. He didnt know I have a quick little car that I like to do dumb **** it so I wasnt really phased. I was actually really curious to see what that 225 would do....maybe some other time.
Also got some Town Lake tips from Don Gordon and got to watch the ramp show and make fun of people for a bit. Great run tourney Andy. I'm really going to have to start putting that boat bug in the wifes ear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Enjoyed it, Marcus! Yes, the boat ramp was highly entertaining. Nothing like seeing a pontoon ram another pontoon, not once, but twice in a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Yeah that was pretty awesome, the look on the lady driving that pontoon boat was priceless. Oh and don't forget she hit the boat dock twice as well, classic holiday **** show. Got out Wednesday afternoon around 2 and took out the TTZ Skeeter ZX20. First time I had driven a bass boat, and let me tell you, I don't think I can go back to my tooner. That boat pretty much drives itself, nice big platform, handles the waves like a champ, and will get up an run like a scalded ape. Pretty choice.

Hey that reminds me, whats one thing that looks better behind your rig than trucknuts?

A new Skeeter....

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It looks good behind your truck John, and those red rod covers really bring it all together.
You don't know the half of it, they are all red, black, or the red and black spiders. Every time I go to Skeeter's website I design the most awesome red and black boat ever. Maybe next year Andy and Brian will let me pick the colors on one of them. #keepdreamingfatguy

·
Registered
3,578 Posts

There were plenty of reasons to smile this Wed:

1. The Sharphorns winning first and Big Bass...always appreciate them fishing with us and I believe it was Dan's new PB.

2. Finishing in the money with a small limit...it's not the money, it's all about street cred among anglers who don't know you really suck and just got lucky.

3. Cracking the first Lone Star at 2 pm and knowing for the next 12 hours you have nothing to do but drink and fish...no explanation needed.

4. Quoting Buffalo Bill all night and having your phat photographer emphatically finish the last line to, "Would you do me? I'd do me...." right when he snaps the photo.

5. And finally, PJ driving the Skeeter for the first time...it's funny cuz he's phat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Having reached the pinnacle of the sport, I'm sorry to say that my dad and I are moving on and taking up golf. Better to go out on top, we figure, like many of the greats in sport.

Either that or we'll be back next wednesday to catch our usual two 14.0001 INCH keepers, but to mix things up and keep everyone on their toes we are going to wait to weigh in last with a bag filled to the brim with water.

Thanks as always Andy and co!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts