Bass Fishing Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Been experiencing the same thoughts meself the last month or so...thanks to Dustin.

Maybe you just need to put another power pole on that boat and get more tackle. Doesn't matter what, just new crap. Regain that confidence, you know. I place an order to TW every Friday morning...it seems to help.

Or maybe...if you cant beat 'em, direct tournaments.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
That's awesome Shawn! A Stella 4000 would be a great little reel to pair up with an Ugly Stik.

I hit Austin last night and it was like salt on an open wound, I witnessed three laborers fishing off the top of a dock just north of Panther land a 5+ lber...biggest fish I boated all night might have been 2.5 pounds.

I'll be joining y'all on Canyon next week for the first time, maybe Friday morning we can get together and make plans for a catfish trail next year.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I feel you Ando. Confidence is at an all time low. I thought crushing a 12 pack and winning a National Title on NCAA Football last night would get my spirits back up, but after slamming an entire bag (and a half) of chips and salsa in celebration around 2am I saw nothing but total disgust for a man in the mirror this morning. Count me in for that catfish trail....or I'd be down for an all nighter white bass tournament on LBJ!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Did somebody sat catfish?
yeah I did say I was gonna order some catfish gear at TW, but really I'll just throw some left over cheeseburger from Baja BBQ shack on my c-rig. Might spring for some bells for the rod tips on this order though so when I'm digging in the cooler I dont get spooled.

There is something seriously wrong with my boat. I even took out the current Canyon Lake AOY leader to fish with me one Thursday and he got skunked out of it. I'm backseating next week and hoping to find a suiter to take my boat out. Currently I'm mooring my boat far away from others at registration and weigh in. Nobody wants to accidentally have their boat bump it. I think I'm gonna burn it.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Mmmmm catfish trail. I can see the sublaminated one piece catfish jumpsuits already... and "pro" catfish anglers selling their nasty ass catfish bait using sexual innuendos. "My name is JD Ward and this is my personal blend, tried and true, show me the money catfish bait. I call it 'Stinkfinger'."

·
Registered
604 Posts
yeah I did say I was gonna order some catfish gear at TW, but really I'll just throw some left over cheeseburger from Baja BBQ shack on my c-rig. Might spring for some bells for the rod tips on this order though so when I'm digging in the cooler I dont get spooled.

There is something seriously wrong with my boat. I even took out the current Canyon Lake AOY leader to fish with me one Thursday and he got skunked out of it. I'm backseating next week and hoping to find a suiter to take my boat out. Currently I'm mooring my boat far away from others at registration and weigh in. Nobody wants to accidentally have their boat bump it. I think I'm gonna burn it.
Dude I have some of those hella sweet glow sticks designed to strap on your rod tip//bobber. Let me know if you need a couple brah.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I feel you Ando. Confidence is at an all time low. I thought crushing a 12 pack and winning a National Title on NCAA Football last night would get my spirits back up, but after slamming an entire bag (and a half) of chips and salsa in celebration around 2am I saw nothing but total disgust for a man in the mirror this morning. Count me in for that catfish trail....or I'd be down for an all nighter white bass tournament on LBJ!
Bueche, I hear you man, as I went through some similar therapy last night. After smoking the hell out of small fish on Wednesday I decided I need to go big or go home. So I fired up the Dreamcast and hit the tournament trial. Dominated the pro-circuit per usual, and almost got into the 80 pound club. I had a pesky little 10.15 I couldn't cull.

Ready to throw giant jigs, massive spinner baits, and absurdly large crankbaits next week. No more senkos, well, unless I go 20 minutes without a bite. Then yeah, I'll just throw smaller plastics the rest of the night.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I'm pretty sure the poor sum ***** that I took out fishing with me last night will be posting all his tackle for sale on Craiglist for penny's on the dollar.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts