Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For more information on Lake Travis Tuesday: (Big Bass rollover is $210 plus tonight's entries)

TTZ Lake Travis Tuesday Night Tournament - 5/3/16 | TTZ Fishing Forum

For more information on Lake Austin Wednesday:

TTZ Lake Austin Wednesday Night Tournament - 5/4/16 | TTZ Fishing Forum

Thursday South is on Dunlap this week:

TTZ THURSDAY NIGHTERS - Lake Dunlap - 5/05/16 | TTZ Fishing Forum

Thursday North will be on Georgetown:

TTZ Lake Georgetown Thursday Night Tournament - 5/5/16 | TTZ Fishing Forum

Come and join us!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good weather this week hopefully we get some good turnouts.

Since participation has been kind of slow on Travis and Austin, we were bouncing around some ideas for the Tue/Wed events. In order to get bigger turnouts and better payouts what if we went to a rotation on Wednesday nights and dropped Tuesday all together. Like this Wed on Travis, next Wed on Austin, then back and forth like we do down south on Canyon/Dunlap?

This would get a little variety on the week to week events, and hopefully get better turn outs for each lake. As for now we will keep with Tue and Wed, but if we are getting turnouts like the last couple weeks we will probably make some changes.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Threats of thunderstorms and rain, is more than likely due to the poor turnouts. I know it was my reasoning. I have to pull my boat to work to fish these working man tourneys and since the weather has been hit or miss lately, I just really did not want to pull the boat through that crap.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
hope so, I will not be there this week, but plan on making next weeks

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Since participation has been kind of slow on Travis and Austin, we were bouncing around some ideas for the Tue/Wed events. In order to get bigger turnouts and better payouts what if we went to a rotation on Wednesday nights and dropped Tuesday all together. Like this Wed on Travis, next Wed on Austin, then back and forth like we do down south on Canyon/Dunlap?
I like this idea... coming from the guy who has yet to show up at a weeknight event so far this year... Planning on it though!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think back as I wax nostalgia for the bass fishing oasis that was Lake Austin. I would happily drive the 4 hr round trip to fish it regularly. I think we must all recognize that while a boat or two can run into them occasionally, its just not the same anymore since the "Enemies of Lake Austin" ruined it. I would focus on Travis with the occasional trip back to LA. Maybe look at a Lake like Lake Marble falls or even LBJ, which always fishes good at night. JM2C.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
More teams for sure, I like it

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Ha ha, if you look at my photo underneath the two big girls I'm still in shock. I think I had that look on my face for about an hour after Eric and Marshall weighed-in. They walked up and I asked if they had a big one to weigh. They said we aren't sure which one, and then proceeded to pull those two beasts out.

Oh and this was Marshall's first tournament, so yeah, he's ruined for life.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
yeah he is toast for sure. Great job. See you all next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.