Bass Fishing Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Pictures are up..

WARD AND BOOKER WIN LAKE TRAVIS TUESDAY

It was tough fishing but it was a lot of fun. I caught 5 fish and only 1 was a good keeper, but I love crushing guads so I count those as victories as well. Sure it rained a little and we had some lightning all around during check-in and take off, but I think the 17 anglers who came out all had a good time. Travis will come around, she just needs a little time to settle back in. Heck the water clarity is already back to good, so maybe another week or so. Regardless, when the fishing does start picking up I know we will see more boats showing up. Those guys who are getting out there now and getting their practice in on Tuesday nights, they are going to have a head start.

Regardless of the fishing the burgers and the camaraderie afterwards were worth it for me.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I think that fish I had at a little over 16 inches was the big bass last night. That's why we have this rollover pot, so we can build up a nice little prize when somebody catches a bass worthy of big bass status. But...that being said I heard a story of somebody jumping off a monster, and it was up shallow by some flooded brush. I believe I heard Waylon use the phrase, "ping pong eyes." That fish has eluded me on Travis as well, she is every bit of 15 pounds. Elusive girl jumped me off on a crankbait three years ago, just south of Hearst, I still have nightmares about her. I wake up in a cold sweat screaming out "PING PONG EYES!!!!!!" Then my wife throws a glass of water on my face so I can snap out of it. Happens at least once a week at Casa de Ward.

The unders I caught were in less than 10 feet and they were little piggies, all gorged out on something, probably all the tiny shad that is everywhere.

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when, that lake will turn on.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Did yall have to do a two man carry on that bag?
We actually needed three dudes, since we had to use Waylon's guns to wrestle up those hawgs. He was off in a corner mumbling something about missing Trey's musk. We had to throw a guad on him to snap him out of his traylon trance.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Knowing John Brian had to carry the loaf so he could make it to the weigh in just saying balance is everything

Maybe I've had too much snake oil this evening, but I haven't the foggiest what this post means. Regardless I'll take it as a compliment if it's coming from a guy who was the first winner of Guadapalooza.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was wondering what he meant too. I'm sure people wonder about me too. Oh, and John. My bass at 2.23 was clearly bigger than your long skinny torpedo looking pickle. Mine looked more like a football but was also 16". Just sayin. We gotta get a side bet going. Sorry, couldnt resist!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.