Bass Fishing Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Waaaay to go Waylon! I'm gonna imagine it was 200 yards of 10 lb. Invix you had out when that fish sucked your bait in. At least that was what I thought I'd really like to be doing when I went for a swim last Saturday off Mansfield.

3 casts?

Been around 10 weeks... and in all of that time I can only claim one Smallie from just around 3 weeks ago. There's this little farm creek in Pennsylvania that's got a couple of good dams on it that I've fished with all of the men in my family ever since I was a little kid. A couple of 18' 1/2"ers that might have weighed in or at least close to the mid threes that absolutely blasted a 1/8 oz. buzzbait on a crisp fall day a few years ago would be an example of a really good memory. So, 3 weeks ago when I went East for a family visit, I told my grandpa, who's lived in the house he built himself more than 57 years ago, I really couldn't fish. He's 85 and every time I visit, we go fishing. I tell him I really don't want to hurt my shoulder. Eh, we're going fishing. 2nd cast, I've got a flatfish tied on, and it's 2 inches under the surface in this tailrace when, bang, this chunky 14" fish hits it, jumps a few times and I eventually land it. Fished for 5 (maybe 8) more minutes and then handed the rod to grandpa. He made a few casts and then caught one around 8" - 10". He fishes for a little more and then we were on our way back home, out there 20 mins tops.

Just one of those truly irreplaceable fishing trips.

But CONGRATS Waylon!!! Keep on running the table!!! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
They won 3rd place and BB so it was just the difference in 1st to 3rd payout.

Regardless, hell of a payout for one dead fish...
I see what your saying... I saw $215 which was second place and thought you were saying they would have taken second. Damn mighty fine pay out for one dead fish and three hours of fishing!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.