Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Yeah Booker is a big dude, that fish looks absurd if you just cut and paste it in front of a normal sized person like say....Grant.

Judging by the hand size (Booker's man hand is probably a little bigger than Grant's boy hand), that is actually probably about right! Booker you are making my plums swell with your ginger bass awesomeness. I will report to the Ginger King that one of his disciples is doing it right.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks guys!

But seriously what is going on with my jowls? I hope that is a weird shadow. But if my beard really looks like that be a pal and let a fella know that a trim is in order. I look like the spawn of the albino Wolverine and my fat ginger slow cousin from east Texas. Instead of adamantium, my body has been infused with the sugars. Doesn't make for much of a superhero I suppose. But I do have the endless supply of self produced vitamin D I guess. So I got that.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
I was there to speak with APD last night as well, and I certainly can echo what Andy said in his post . The officers went out of their way to be courteous and professional. They also wanted to make it understood that this was not some sort of attack on bass fishing, there are laws in place and they just want us all to be clear on what they are, and how they will be enforced going forward. The reason they provided us, for this enforcement, was to protect the narrow water ways of Lake Austin by having consistency for all boats. Some boaters were complaining about not being able to distinguish lights, or being "blinded" by bright white lights, and clearly expressed their concerns. One home owner had expressed their opinion of not liking the long down the hull lights shining into their house, but they were not out there because of one home owner, and said as much. APD wants to handle this in a consistent fashion for all boaters, so they provided TTZ with the clear definitions and details of what is and what is not legal. And true to that statement we saw them ticketing a pontoon boat later that evening for not having proper lights on their stern. Like Andy said regardless of what was in place in the past, this is how the lake will be enforced going forward. They gave us a copy of the laws, which Andy has kindly posted on TTZ, check them out and be safe. Dez also made a post in the TTZ thread in regards to switches, so please read what he posted if you have lights and are interested in a switch.

Forum ? Texas Tournament Zone

OK enough on that, let's talk fishing. Had a blast fishing with Andy yesterday, caught fish all over the lake on jigs, worms, and cranks, we were running and gunning fools. We had our kicker, we had our limit, we just couldn't cull up to where we would of liked to have been. The last few weeks 14 pounds was around the money, and the big bass really haven't been much higher than low 8s. So with 17 pounds and what I thought was maybe a 9 or 10 in the livewell, I felt confident that we had a shot at big bass, and maybe a 3rd or 4th place finish. Things started out ok, then the weigh-in just got ridiculous, lots of big sacks, 19, 20 pound plus sacks, then two other 8 pounders were weighed in, but no 9s yet. I still felt pretty good that we had big bass but even the 5th place cheeseburger bonus ($30 in Ski Shore Bucks) was out of reach at that point. We were the second to last team to weigh, so after taking photos I set the camera down and ran to get our fish from the livewell. The only team behind us not to weigh in yet were Booker and Grant. They had played it very close to the vest, I had no idea they had a sack and I certainly didn't know they had an almost 12 pound monster. When I first walked up to Booker and Grant I whispered that we had a good one, Booker said 10? Maybe, somewhere around there in that area. Turns out when it hit the scales it was 8.91, but still big enough to take over big bass.....for all of about 15 seconds that is. As I am getting my picture taken I turn around to all the oohs and ahhs, Booker pulls out this absurdly massive fish that looks like it could eat my fish. No cheeseburger, no big bass, nothing but everybody making fun of me for the rest of the night for weighing that dinky fish. Gotta love it though, the highs and lows of tournament bass fishing.

Results here, another great turnout of 44 boats!!!

TTZ ? Austin Wed Night 7/30/14 ? Texas Tournament Zone
Wednesday has become my favorite day of the week. Hope to see you boys next week!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was out last night per-fishing for tonight's TNT yak tournament and it was something, seeing the TTZ boats racing up the lake a little after 6:00. Unleash the brotilla! Also, after close observation, I found a great honey hole, thanks to y'all.

Pot licking TTZ + GrandeBass = win. Second in a row. On FIRE!

-SSJr

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
How many 11 pounders does booker have to his name this year?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts