Bass Fishing Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm fishing with Trey this week. We are headed to the lake here in about oh.....now minutes.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
PJ said .. I'm fishing with Trey this week. We are headed to the lake here in about oh.....now minutes.

Waylon says, Ok fine, PJ and Trey come in 3rd with 21 lbs. Or they both pass out drunk an hour into the tournament then wake up just in time to hit Ski Shores for some late night craw fish dicks and bloody mary's

·
Registered
21 Posts
I noticed on the TTZ site the reminder about City Park closing at 10, which is weigh in time. Where do you guys normally put in so you don't get locked in? 360?

·
Registered
21 Posts
QP is considerably closer to me (we live in Dripping Springs), so I will prolly give that a go. We can't fish it until next week, but wanted to know what I was getting in to. Thanks poacher!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Matt just gave you ramp options. In no way did he describe "What you are getting into"...Your going to love it...or be scared/confused. You will see!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Damn I hate you guys that go to the Weds. night TTZ! Every Wednesday I head up 360 and see you trailering your boats on the way to the lake. Today I saw no less then 6. Bank fishing sucks. I love seeing your bags though!

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
It started off pretty epic for me. I got stuck in a client meeting that ran an hour and a half over what I thought it would be and so I hauled ass home, literally chunked everything in the boat and headed to the ramp to get there in time (I was originally planning on checking some spots). About two miles down 183, I realize I forgot to grab the graph I use at the helm. Looking at traffic in the opposite direction I see that it is at a standstill and there is no way I can turn around. I know the lake pretty well, so the graph really isn't a necessity for me, but I like to have it just in case.... I pout and keep on driving. It wasn't until I got to the ramp that I gloriously discovered: I LEFT THE #*(&@#$(*&@(#$*&( KEY TO THE BOAT AT HOME TOO!!!!!!!! Fortunately, I have an awesome wife who loaded up our one year old and four year old and pretty much drove both the key and my graph to me (I met her at the Arboretum).

So anyway, I get to City Park with plenty of time to spare, drew boat number 41 (lame), and run to my starting water. Once there I try all my usual tricks that have been working and don't get a bite for about 40 minutes. Then I relocate the boat on the structure and switch baits and start to catch a bunch of fish... all right around 2 pounds. I probably put 15 keepers in the boat for 10-11 pounds. Went back to weigh-in to see what everyone did and then went to Ski Shores for hot wings in Honcho sauce and fried crawfish tails and a couple of beers.

Life is pretty sweet when you can do that on a Wednesday. #wednesdayisthenewfriday

Thanks TTZ!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
What were the results, or at least who/what won it?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Yeah I heard it was a late night

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
I think Groce and Cook won with like 22ish, but don't quote me on that. Little fuzzy this morning.

I do know Trey and I had a limit but we didn't weigh them, instead we ate them because we were hungry. I also got to watch Trey make some magical casts with his jig into some tight spots around docks, glorious.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts