Bass Fishing Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks guys! It was pretty crazy. Caught it on a bluff wall on a t-rig Senko just about 5 casts into the tourney. Flipped up in a lay down and was dragging through it when it felt a little mushy. Set the hook and thought I was hung until it started moving out toward the boat. She "jumped" twice, well guess she tried...more like head shakes about halfway outta the water. I thought she was maybe 8 or 9 pounds at first, then she made a few surges under the boat and we got a good look at her. She came back up beside the boat and threw my senko off, and Grant said a few choice words because it looked like she threw my hook. I quietly assured him she was still there, and he got back on net duty. He played it perfectly and landed her nicely. We thought she might be 10, because she was in that swimming pool of a livewell in the Skeeter bay boat.

Couldn't believe it when she went 11.29...think my hands are still shaking. Lake Austin is amazing. I take back every bad thing I ever said about it. Congrats to all in the money...good to see some new faces coming out and cashing checks. It really is anybody's game out there right now!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I rarely see Booker too fired up over LMBs, he's seen it all 100 times over, but he was pretty excited to party with that big girl last night. I'm assuming after he mowed through some taquitos on the way home he laid in bed whispering to himself, "get the net buuuddy, I think she's a preeety good one." Then smiling himself into a glorious slumber.

Also would it been too much to ask to get an 11lber bass selfie?

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
I rarely see Booker too fired up over LMBs, he's seen it all 100 times over, but he was pretty excited to party with that big girl last night. I'm assuming after he mowed through some taquitos on the way home he laid in bed whispering to himself, "get the net buuuddy, I think she's a preeety good one." Then smiling himself into a glorious slumber.

Also would it been too much to ask to get an 11lber bass selfie?
Seriously, this Booker 8lber avatar I've been sporting is getting a bit out dated.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
We thought she might be 10, because she was in that swimming pool of a livewell in the Skeeter bay boat.

That thing is no joke and really you guys need to invest in some cull tags to make getting fish out a little easier. I remember one night when Trey and I filled that thing up with some basses it took awhile to corral them out of there. Then when I was done I looked like I had pissed my pants.

Not that you would know anything about that......

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That thing is no joke and really you guys need to invest in some cull tags to make getting fish out a little easier. I remember one night when Trey and I filled that thing up with some basses it took awhile to corral them out of there. Then when I was done I looked like I had pissed my pants.

Not that you would know anything about that......

No, it's pee.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Thanks poacher!! I use to call them wacky worms or something like that. Haven't fished for pickles in years but grew up fishing for them.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts