Bass Fishing Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Also noticed whites schooling in a couple locations. I think the lack of grass will help the white bass population, shad can't hide. Seen more and catching more whites on LA now. Whites boiled by us yesterday and I just had to jack one with a crank, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
36 teams last night. Congrats to Ricky Gonzales and Andrew Deorian on winning their first Wed Nighter with 21.68 pounds!

Complete results:

TTZ ? Austin Wed Night 4/30/14 ? Texas Tournament Zone

Angler Profiles as of 4/30/14:

http://ttz1.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/WED-NIGHT-ANGLER-PROFILES-43014.htm

Contrary to popular belief it doesn't take over 25 pounds to finish in the money, if you have a decent limit of 2.5-3 lbers and a 6+ kicker chances are very likely you'll finish in the top 3. More than ever anyone has a chance to win out there, the fish are constantly moving this year on Austin and after eight events no one has finished in the money two weeks in a row.

As always thanks to everyone for coming out and making the Lake Austin Wed Nighter such a friendly environment and one of the best weeknight tournaments in the state, congrats to all that cut a check and see y'all next week.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
John that picture of you and Bill is glorious. The shark shirt, the beautiful mane of yours poking through your visor and the delicious basses is just breath taking. Congrats hombres, I had a good feeling you to hard ass' were going to smoke em' last night. Oh and Dale Read and Whited in the same boat on Austin? #scary#cantbelievetheygotbeat

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Bill had just cracked a joke about me standing on my tippy toes. I wanted to look like a hard ass but I was starting to laugh already.

Only the second funniest thing he said that night though. The little bugs were terrible last night, brown moth looking things not sure what they are but they were thick. Bill has supernova white lights on the back of his boat. The bugs were swarming back there so much so they were making a humming noise. I'm standing on the back deck just getting swarmed by these little bastards, I looked like pig pen with flies all around my head. I start to complain to Bill about the bugs. At this point we have a good sack we know we probably got 3rd or so based on last week's numbers, but we need another 7 if we want to win. So after a few complaints from me he says, "You know what's worse than those bugs, is that little girly voice back their complaining." Then using his best Alvin and the chimpunks voice he impersonates me, "Bill there are too many bugs for me to fish." I just had to laugh, message sent, I'll just stand here in the bug tornado and keep casting.

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Bill had just cracked a joke about me standing on my tippy toes. I wanted to look like a hard ass but I was starting to laugh already.

Only the second funniest thing he said that night though. The little bugs were terrible last night, brown moth looking things not sure what they are but they were thick. Bill has supernova white lights on the back of his boat. The bugs were swarming back there so much so they were making a humming noise. I'm standing on the back deck just getting swarmed by these little bastards, I looked like pig pen with flies all around my head. I start to complain to Bill about the bugs. At this point we have a good sack we know we probably got 3rd or so based on last week's numbers, but we need another 7 if we want to win. So after a few complaints from me he says, "You know what's worse than those bugs, is that little girly voice back their complaining." Then using his best Alvin and the chimpunks voice he impersonates me, "Bill there are too many bugs for me to fish." I just had to laugh, message sent, I'll just stand here in the bug tornado and keep casting.
I've heard that voice before and he does it well. Usually when I hear it he's making fun of me for complaining about him smoking toads on the reg and me netting all his fish. I just have to keep telling myself " It's a team tournament Waylon, it will be OK."

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I heard when you win your first Wednesday nighter the first round at ski shores is on the winner. How accurate is that?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Damn, well i guess we let everyone down on that deal..... Feel bad now. But we have purchased a new net (After lipping all fish last Wed) we should be good for a solid 10-12 lb limit. that's usually how it goes... When i told Andy D we didnt have a net for the Wedneday nighter last week, the thoughts were we probably don't have much to worry about. Ya then it was ON! See you guys Wed.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts