Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Wed Nighters in September are scheduled on 9/08, 9/15, 9/22 and 9/29.  Complete rules can be found here:

http://ttz1.com/texas-tournament-zone-austin/ttz-lake-austin-wed-night-tournament/

The Power Tackle Big Stringer is set at 23.40 lbs and Big Bass is 11.67 lbs; Big Stringer and Big Bass of the season will each receive a Power Tackle rod of their choice!

We will run the Wednesday Night Tournament through the end of September and possibly up until the end of Daylight Savings Time in November depending on the fishing conditions and participation.

Thanks to our sponsors:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have any interest in fishing tonight?

I am driving down to 360 after lunch to see if the lake is even open and wanted to see if any diehards planned on coming out to fish if it was.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks bad on paper anyway....12-13 inches in most of LA's watershed. Those feeder creeks have got to be churnin'.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Andy,
I thought of an idea since our phone call this morning - go drive your tahoe into bull creek, if you can safely navigate through it then let's have the T, if you float away and have to be rescued, or worse, then we will cancel it.

Call me (or don't) later!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I can't make it, my place is flooded. There was enough water in my shop I almost could have launched my boat. It'll take a week to get all the mud out of the shop.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
FYI y'all, DD toads hit flutter spoons like mad in muddy and turbid waters!!! (don't ask me how I know!)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Wed Nighter is canceled for tonight. I just left 360 and confirmed with police that the lake is closed.

I saw 6 boats that had floated out of their slips and were beached just past Bull Creek. The current didn't look too bad but the water was chocolate milk.

Hopefully things will settle down by next week.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
As of 11am, Wednesday morning....

All waterways in the affected area were closed the morning of Sept. 8. [highlight]Lake Austin[/highlight], Lady Bird Lake, a portion of the Colorado River below Longhorn Dam and all creeks within the City including Barton Creek are closed. The warnings are noted not only for small boats, but for motorized boats as well. It is an offense to violate the waterway closures or to attempt a low water crossing of any road that is barricaded. Any watercrafts on closed waters can be impounded during the Flood Ban.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Per this link the lake is supposed to open back up tomorrow at noon:

http://www.austinhsem.com/external/content/document/2333/897859/1/9_13Waterway Restriction.pdf

I plan to swing by 360 after lunch to confirm and will let everyone know for sure.  

I'm jonesing to get back on the water...the fish havent seen a bait in over a week so it could be crazy out there!  But in reality it's gonna suck; still looking forward to getting back on the water and catching up with everyone.

If you have any questions feel free to call me at 713-291-4119.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Not that I fish the Wed. nighter, but I believe the lake will be re-evaluated at noon tomorrow, but not necessarily open.

I too am jonesing bad to get back to fishin'... I've been in Nashville for a week doing music biz stuff and haven't had a line in the water for over 10 days!

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
27081209080F3E321504040D0413610 said:
Not that I fish the Wed. nighter, but I believe the lake will be re-evaluated at noon tomorrow, but not necessarily open.
I just got off the phone with APD Lake Patrol and they told me the same thing - that it will be evaluated and a decision will be made around noon.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Due to the debris in the lake we have decided to cancel the remaining Wednesday Night Tournaments for 2010.  Boating conditions are hazardous and the last thing we want to see is someone ripping off their lower unit, or worse,  running around in the dark.

We planned to have a blow out for the last Wed Nighter but will reschedule something on a Saturday once the lake settles.

Thanks to everyone that came out and fished with us this year and stay tuned for updates on the Saturday Season Finale.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You can already count me in for the Saturday. Kudos to you guys for looking out for peoples best interest and safety.

Look forward to seeing everyone out at the convention center/Belton Friday and Saturday, hopefully you guys make it out like last year.

Andy, last time I saw you, you hadn't slept in 2 days, this time lets catch up over a few coldies.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts