Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

21 teams tonight and it was a pretty close finish to get in the money.

1st – Will Atterberry and Beau Reed – 5/14.54 lbs – $315
2nd – Rick Scheen and Mike Harman – 5/14.11 lbs – $190
3rd – Ho Chi Minh and Jason Jones – 5/13.48 lbs – $125
4th and Big Bass – Mike Randolph and Matt Lanham – 3/13.22 lbs/7.66 lb BB – $105 and GrandeBass Tackle Pack

Harman and Scheen had a 1 pound fish care penalty and it costed them a little bit of money. Complete results will be up tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Tough night for David and I. 5th keeper did a Free Willy impression and jumped out of the livewell, probably still wouldn't have done anything for us though. I only had 1 bite on the frog and it was that 14 incher that earned his freedom. We had a tough time finding banks that weren't chopped up or getting pounded by waves, which pretty much kills the frog bite for me. Should have made the run up north earlier. Oh well, maybe next week.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Results are up: TTZ – Austin Wed Night 8/01/12

Fished with Jason Jones last night and it was the first time we had ever fished together. We exchanged drinking stories and talked about fishing the entire tournament and were so busy telling stories that it costed me a pair of Costa 580s...not paying attention to your line on the fall, fish swimming out of the grass and toward the main lake and a late/overcompensated hookset = rod hitting the side of your face and Costas flying into the lake. I'm over the Costas, but those swimming bites when flipping deeper water tend to be a pretty solid fish.

Jason did the same thing later in the tournament. He was telling me a story about jumping off a double decker on Travis and coming up covered in blood, when he finally felt something different he looked back into the lake and saw a 4-5 lber come up and spit his Beaver; fish was swimming out with it the whole time and finally had enough! Fortunately, we were able to put together a small limit with the biggest fish just under 5 lbs flipping Beavers and Mag Flukes.

Congrats to Will and Beau on the win and everyone else in the money!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Results are up: TTZ – Austin Wed Night 8/01/12

Fished with Jason Jones last night and it was the first time we had ever fished together. We exchanged drinking stories and talked about fishing the entire tournament and were so busy telling stories that it costed me a pair of Costa 580s...not paying attention to your line on the fall, fish swimming out of the grass and toward the main lake and a late/overcompensated hookset = rod hitting the side of your face and Costas flying into the lake. I'm over the Costas, but those swimming bites when flipping deeper water tend to be a pretty solid fish.

Jason did the same thing later in the tournament. He was telling me a story about jumping off a double decker on Travis and coming up covered in blood, when he finally felt something different he looked back into the lake and saw a 4-5 lber come up and spit his Beaver; fish was swimming out with it the whole time and finally had enough! Fortunately, we were able to put together a small limit with the biggest fish just under 5 lbs flipping Beavers and Mag Flukes.

Congrats to Will and Beau on the win and everyone else in the money!
Good stuff Ando, but somebody needs to finish the double decker/blood story for us!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts