Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
15 teams came out to take on the grass; I love hydrilla as much as the next guy but the lake is out of control and the matted grass is making the boat lanes extremely narrow. The fishing has been feast or famine for the majority of the field, but if you happen to pull up on the right area of grass more often than not you can load the boat in a hurry.

1st and Big Bass - Ho Chi Minh and Jake Read - 5/20.74 lbs/8.12 lb BB - $300
2nd - Jack Waldrop Jr. and Mike Waldrop - 5/16.30 lbs - $135
3rd - Will Atter and Chris Fieldler - 5/15.79 lbs - $90

Congrats to the teams that caught a limit on a tough night and to all that finished in the money. Complete results and pics will be up tomorrow morning.

Due to the 4th of July holiday there will not be a Wed Night Tournament next week; we will resume the tournament the following week on July 11.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
^^^^^Should be called Nguaht Dat OhnPhace
Congrats Andy.......did Jake catch all the keepers?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I don't think that's the problem Andy. I think it's all the damn white people that are ruining it for everyone else.

Nice 8 lb chunk by the way !

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

It was fun fishing with Jake; I wore board shorts so I could take a dip and cool off every now and then and it worked out perfect. I'd hang on the side of the boat sipping Lone Stars and when Jake hooked a fish I would jump in the boat and reel it in. He was quite mad when he handed me the rod on the 8 lber...said she bit like a perch.

All these years I thought Dale was the driving force behind all their winnings, now I know who really is catching all the fish on the Read team.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hong , we are going to have to change your name to DOMINATOR . Tues. and Wed. nighters back to back wins , congradulations . I'm glad you didn't fish the TTZ team events and gave us piss poor fishermen a chance . Perhaps you can start your own trail , the Hong Chi Minh Trail . DG

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You will notice a trend based on who finishes first and how fast the results are posted.
Dale Read trusted me with two of his most prized possessions, his youngest son and his boat. Since I was fishing with a youth I wanted to set a good example and practice controlled consumption which means one tasty beverage per hour. Four beers during a Wed Nighter = waking up early the next morning.

After we got off the water I tried to convince Jake to buy me dances at Expose with his winnings but I think he wanted a new reel instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts