Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Wed Nighters in June are scheduled on 6/02, 6/09, 6/16, 6/23 and 6/30.

The Big Stringer and Big Bass of the season will each receive a Power Tackle rod of their choice!  Current Big Stringer leader is 23.40 pounds and Big Bass is 11.67 pounds.

Rules can be found at ttz1.com.

· Registered
428 Posts
Hope you guys are still alive. I really don't care for lightning, and decided to bail out at the last minute. That turned out to be a pretty nasty storm.

· Registered
7,726 Posts
Well Brad as far as I know everyone's still alive. We didn't really start fishing until 8:30 luckily our uncle has a boat house so we were able to hang out there until the storm passed. Right after the tournament started lighting struck about 50 yards behind us and our rods buzzed.. luckily we were both smart enough to drop them.. Right after that we took cover..

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It got pretty hairy last night for about an hour, but as long as you were fishing around close shelter it really wasn't that bad.  The rain let up and the winds died down around 8.

There was a 9.48 and a 7.56 weighed for Big Bass last night and the Waldrops won with 19.89 pounds.

Before the storms came in the yahoos were out in full force tubing in front of City Park.  But hey, where else can you get beat up by wakeboard boats AND get whooped up on by the spawn in the same night? Gotta love Lake Austin!

It's been a pretty stacked season so far among the top three teams, but regardless of turnout we'll be there every Wed.

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weather appears to be moving out and it has completely stopped raining on the southern end of the lake; don't see too much left on the radar either.

Maybe if only three teams come out tonight Robby and I will have a chance to secure a top three finish.

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
9 teams fished the 6/09 tournament.

1st - Brad Casebier and Merry Casebier 5/23.02 lbs/7.87 lb Big Bass ($205)
2nd - Jack Waldrop Jr and Mike Waldrop 5/14.52 lbs ($110)
3rd - Robby Crabb and Andy Nuyen 2/4.00 lbs (Yamamoto and Kinami Tackle Pack)

The spawn is still going strong up north with temps in the low 60s; water temps mid lake were in the upper 70s.  Should be any day before the topwater bite turns on! On the flipside, this year's spawn will probably last forever!

· Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
10 teams fished the 6/16 tournament.

1st - Jack Waldrop Jr and Mike Waldrop 5/18.30 lbs/6.68 lb Big Bass ($230)
2nd - Bryce Miller and Chase Roberts 4/12.67 lbs ($120)
3rd - Robby Crabb and Andy Nuyen 5/12.11 lbs (Fish Finders Tackle Pack)

· Registered
639 Posts
Sitting at CP on the beach with a cold one watching the scenery it just doesn't get any better. Thanks to all you guys who make this tourny happen. I'm officially addicted and can't wait to get my 2 year old in the back seat. It'll be here I'm sure in a blink of an eye.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.