TTZ Tournament Rules for the Lake Austin Big Bass Splash
1. Participants and Eligibility:
- TTZ Tournaments are open to all anglers.
- Up to THREE anglers per boat; all contestants must have a valid fishing license.
- All anglers in the boat must be entered in the tournament.
2. Entry Fees/Payout:
- Entry fees shall be $80.00 per contestant.
- All ties will be resolved by splitting that place and the next place’s money.
- Payouts will be 1st - 5th for four weigh in times (tackle packs will be awarded to the next place out of the money each hour) and 1st through 3rd for overall Big Bass.
3. Registration Times/Tournament Hours:
- Fishing time will be from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Registrations on line will be accepted until 12:01 am the day of the Tournament.
- Registrations will be picked up at closing time the day before the Tournament at Elite Water Sports and FishFinders Marine.
- Registrations will also be accepted the day of the Tournament at the 360 Bridge from 5:30 am to 6:20 am.
4. Permitted Fishing Methods:
- Only artificial baits may be used with the exception of pork trailers.
- All bass must be caught alive in a legal and sporting manner, no snagging.
- Each contestant may only use 1 rod at a time. No more than 1 line in the water at a time per angler.
- Trolling with the combustion motor is not permitted.
- No fishing directly in front of the weigh-in area.
5. Live Fish/Weigh In:
- Only one fish per hourly weigh-in, per contestant may be weighed in.
- Each contestant may only obtain three fish in the live well at any time.
- Bass must be weighed in by the contestant who originally caught the bass and must be in said contestant’s physical possession at the weigh-in line.
- All weighed fish will become the property of TTZ and released.
- All fish must be a minimum of 14” (Largemouth, Smallmouth, Guadalupe/Spotted) and alive, we DO NOT weigh in short or dead fish.
- Weigh-in will be at City Park beach.
- We will have four hourly weigh-ins as follows:
Hour 1: 8:00 am to 9:00 am
Hour 2: 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Hour 3: 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
Hour 4: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Contestants must be in line by the end of each hourly weigh-in for their fish to count towards that hour.
- All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation.
- Safe boating must be observed at all times.
- In case of inclement weather it will be the contestant’s decision to stay and fish or seek shelter/leave. Once tournament fees are paid and the tournament has begun there will be no refunds for any reason.
* Decisions of the Tournament Director(s) are final and are not subject to appeal. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament Director(s).
* All participants expressly assume all risk(s) associated with each tournament event and hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless TTZ, the host, all sponsors, and tournament officials from all claims or injury and/or damage arising out of, or related to and/or incurred in connection with any TTZ sponsored event(s).