Bass Fishing Forum banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Lots of Bruhs in the money this weekend and I enjoyed seeing that. It was pretty cool to be part of all the fist bumping going on. When we beached the boat at weigh-in and an onlooker first saw our bag of fish he told us 15.9lbs were leading and then the blood started pumping! Sitting there watching the other bags coming in was brutal but man what a rush. We took a couple of bumps but you will never hear me complain about a 4th place finish with the amount of talent we had out there.

Just glad Craig and I stuck to our guns and finished strong. All I wanted to think about was that first beer!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Big thanks to Rooster, Grant, Brian, Andy and the entire TTZ team for everything this weekend. Had a blast guys thank you very much for all that yall do.
I agree, lots of good help and very well organized. We sucked big-time agian but at least my truck didn't get stuck in the sand like I thought it would. Thanks agian all at TTZ

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Travis write-up has been posted: http://ttz1.com/results/ttz-tr…..vis-41313/

The regular season flew right by us and we'd like to sincerely thank everyone that fished with us and helped us become one of the largest team trails in Texas, we averaged 85 teams in 2012 and significantly increased the field by over 50% to draw an average of 130 teams in 2013! It's been a pleasure running the tournaments and meeting all the new faces at the Friday night registrations; we have several months to plan the Championship party on Lake Travis in October so stay tuned to the site for more details.

Chris took photos of the festivities Friday night and the day of the tournament and you may view them through his Photobucket album: http://s278.photobucket.com/us…..038;page=1

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Awesome write up! Man those were some nice bags brought to the scales, I wondered how our picture would turn out after Tim said he wasn't going to smile because I wouldn't let him pound beers in the boat after we broke 12lbs that day. Hopefully he will forgive me.

And those pics Chris took are pretty solid, who is that guy picking on the six string with his eyes closed dreaming of sketti and cheese burgers? I would like to meet that fella, looks like he likes to party.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
To think that one dead fish is gonna cost me $150 just sucks but thats fishing. Congrats to Dale and Jake for AOY, we missed out on the top 3 by 1 point this yr but we'll be out there again next yr.
Damn that was fun.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
We were discussing this on Wednesday under the bridge. I was talking about how much guts it takes to get up in front of your peers and perform like that. I also said I thought Dub had a nice voice and did a real good job. Booker mumbled something about the voice of an angel and the body of a cherub as he had another pull of Keystone light.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Way cool story time brah...

Many years ago in one of my brighter moves I turned down a music scholarship to U of Arkansas, not for guitar but I had a jazz and classical background in saxophone (yes I was a band nerd) and I decided to stay around Dallas, rededicate myself to guitar and see what happened. My roommate at the time was on a music scholly at SMU and played a mean drum kit. It was about the time the whole Texas country/singer/songwriter stuff was exploding. We played open mics all over town, private parties, some small paying gigs but that was about the extent of it. I was steam rolling free beer and fat chicks and wasn't exactly concerned where my life was headed. To our surprise, our big break never came and after about 2 years of living in a maze of empty beer cans, random drunks passed out on the couch and using guitar amps and PA's for furniture we decided we had enough and went our separate ways.

Almost 15 years later, after about 47 beers, I will pull out the guitar and embarrass myself by trying to relive my youth.

Matt needs to come over to the garage and give me lessons.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Chris always takes great pictures. I'll be honest, I have been waiting all week to see that beautiful pic of Honcho and I. I'm going to have it framed and put on the beer fridge.

I will be busy fishing vicariously through everyone else for a couple weeks but these pictures will help give me the push I need to hurdle all these dirty diapers. Every aspect of the trail is an experience from the week before, night before, day of, I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks to all the TTZ boys, Andy, Booker, Rooster for everything you do and allowing me to drink all your beer. Party on and can't wait till the fall!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Chris always takes great pictures. I'll be honest, I have been waiting all week to see that beautiful pic of Honcho and I. I'm going to have it framed and put on the beer fridge.

I will be busy fishing vicariously through everyone else for a couple weeks but these pictures will help give me the push I need to hurdle all these dirty diapers. Every aspect of the trail is an experience from the week before, night before, day of, I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks to all the TTZ boys, Andy, Booker, Rooster for everything you do and allowing me to drink all your beer. Party on and can't wait till the fall!

Probably be more than a couple of weeks. I haven't seen Andrew in months. Congrats on the newborn though!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.