Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went free-line trolling with Glen and his brother today in their Hurricane deck Boat. Water temp was 56 degrees...Since some of you do not like this kind of fishing or ??, I am not posting our catch/release pics.

We caught four,  5-6lb bass that were caught or snagged (method of catching fish while trolling with big engine)...in the mouth. ;D Caught several bass between 17" to 22"....Most of them were caught between 11am and 2pm around deep water points.

All were caught on a H2O Deep diving firetiger crankbait, in 15-25 feet of water. We trolled Arkansas Bend, Anderson Bend to Bee Creek and several main lake points....

Might be out at Stillhouse on Sunday, truely bass fishing.... ;D Getting ready for the TTZ tournament on a couple weeks..

· Registered
1,789 Posts
Nice!!! Thanks for the detailed info. I'll have to try trolling someday. I've read too much stuff about how doing that too often salvages a frustrating day and really helps locate fish quickly...

· Registered
1,182 Posts
My jon boat speeds at a water shredding 8.4 mph's, and often troll to the next spot when it's close. You'd be surprised how many extra bass you can catch just from putting them out.

Pulls out a lot of the bigger bass sometimes too.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We actually were trolling crankbaits for whites and stripers....LMB just happen to hit the lures we were trolling...It is hard to fish out of a 22 foot deck boat without a trolling motor....But free line trolling is a simple way to visit, enjoy your friends and adult beverages.....

Robert

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Sounds like the way to go in this wind. Sounds like you guys did well. No reason to not post the pics. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.