Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up yesterday with two other boats for a 3 boat tourney for bragging rights... I thought things were going to be bad when I had a limit in 58 minutes. That only means that everyone was going to catch fish and I better land a hog! I lost with 14 LBS.! WHAT!? One of the other boats had 14 something and the winning boat had 16 lbs. (with a 6.5 lb.er)... Oh well, I had one of my best sacks on Travis in years- To end up loosing ;D :-/ :p

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it wasn't a big tournament, just a few boats...but I didn't have time for pics, I was busy rippin lips and then getting my heart broke at weigh in- HAHA 14 Keepers kept me busy culling! man, thats a great problem, huh!?

Baits- Grande Bass Mutant, Watermelon, tx rigged with 1/4 oz. weight. and H20 red crankbaits

Location- Mid lake to mid Colorado. Any spawing areas. They aren't on beds yet but they are "fluffing the pillows."

Water- Just off color, with the warmest water found being 64 degrees! Whoo, It's close!

I was yelling "this is the fish, this is the one we need!" when I hooked into one in the very back of a finger of a creek... ended up going about 4. maybe a couple ounces shy, but man did it feel like the BIG bite!

Wurm, Is everything ok with your order? haha ;D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Travis wasn't too bad on Friday either.

Only saw one other boat out fishing and one other pleasure boat.

We ended up with 32 with a 8lb kicker. Water temps were a toasty 63-67 in the back of coves in Sandy.
Mostly on worms/jigs. A couple of fish on beds.

2nd cast of the day produced a 2.5lb at the Jones Bros ramp. This was while my buddy parked his truck. ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.