Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,,, it was a great day on the water,, I caught over 30 fish, but most of them were about 12" long. I did have on that went over 16 and another about 15 and one that was just over 14. The other 27 fish were small. It was great weather, and all fish were caught on a drop shot in 10-20 feet of water. The bluffs seemed to be better than docks, though I caught fish off of both. I threw a Fluke and SB shallow for about 30 minutes with no luck at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was on Travis from 2-7pm on Sunday. Had 5 keepers the biggest being about 3lbs on a T-rig. I stayed shallow which is probably why I didn't catch as many as you did and most of my fish came right before dark. Only caught about 9-10.

G

·
5 keepers on Travis in the Winter is a pretty good accomplishment. I'm not an "A" fisherman, but I've logged my time at Travis and my typical Jan-Feb bag is a dozen or so, fishing in 20-25 foot water drop shotting for 4-5 hrs, and I'm glad to get anything over 2 lbs.

March is another story altogether. I've been keeping a log of water temps and when the fish start creeping back into the coves for a pre-spawn bite, and you can count on it happening between March 5th-15th, it's been almost like clockwork for me. IMHO, it has as much or more to do with the amount of sunlight (days getting longer) as it does water temp. Coves that get more South late Winter sun turn on first. This pattern is good for two solid months, until early to mid May, when they start moving into their Summer pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.