Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 11-1:30 out of Lago. Worked for 30 minutes with a Fluke and Crank Bait, with only 1 short fish. Moved to bluffs in about 15 feet with a Shakey and caught 10 in about an hour. 2 keepers, 14.5 and 15.5. Headed back in and a guy had the ramp tied up at Lago, so I pitched the docks there in 40 feet of water and on the first cast, my worm only sunk about 7 feet, set the hook and had a nice 16.25" fish. Water temp was 67 almost everywhere and wind was a factor. Not a bad few hours on the water.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice Report, I went out with my brother this past Wednesday (day before Thanksgiving) dropped at Tatum Cove and same pattern, had most of our catches off shaky head. I am new to Lake Travis and trying to go to new areas, I live in South Austin, the Tatum launch isnt that great in my opinion for someone parking the truck and having to hop on the boat from just the rocks!!! any suggestions on areas I may want to concentrate? or good loading and unloading ramps/docks, I have a FX4 F150.
Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ben,
I have a buddy with a lakehouse in Lago, so I used their private launch. Since I live in Hutto, I use the ramps on the north side of the lake. I usually launch at Sandy Creek, Jonestown or Arkansas Bend. From the south, I am sure there are some good ramps on that side of the lake, and I am sure someone who lives south will comment on the location. The Mansfield ramp on 620 should be convienent, and there are some good areas in the lower lake, including Commanders Point(sailboat marina and cove) Sandy creek and Devils Cove. There are also some good main lake banks and points to fish on that end as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.