Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother and I fished the FOM tournament this Saturday. Put in at the lower end and went up the river.

We didn't have a hard time finding fish we probably caught 50 fish but only 2 kept :-/. We caught most of our fish on Crankbaits and Carolina Rigs about half way back in the creeks seemed like if you were around a docks you were going to catch fish. The quality in the areas we were fishing just wasn't good.

Real nice day on the lake our game plan just didnt work out the way we wanted it to.

Take Care
H.H.J.

· Banned
5,438 Posts
That is Travis for you...wade through the small fish!

Steve and I fished the Point Venture area almost all day and despite the fact we had good trips up to 12lbs prefishing the week prior we couldn't get the right bites again and only ended up with 4 keeps, for almost 10 pounds.
The funny thing is we didn't catch a whole lot of fish compared to your report....weird.

Sounds like it was tough for most folks.

Jigs and Snakes.....in 25-30 FOW.

· Registered
3,573 Posts
I hear ya Jenks, Travis handed it to Larry and myself once again...just as I thought it would.

We had quite the eventful day on the lake.  Started out beaching the boat onto the exposed hump behind Sometimes Island around 5:25 am.  It sure is exciting to come out of a fog bank and then suddenly see stumps and dry land right in front of you, good thing I dropped the kids off at the pool before hitting the lake cuz I would have crapped all over myself if I hadn't.

We tried and tried to push the boat off the sand but just couldn't muster enough strength to free it.  So there we are, shoes soaking wet while it's 40 degrees out wondering how in the world we are going to get out of here.  Larry ended up calling Justin and he and his wife Amy came to the rescue.  It took several failed attempts trying to swing the rear end out before we realized we needed to uproot a stump, swing the nose back into the water and have them tow the boat straight out.

I can't express the gratitude I have for the Fowlers.  Stand up couple that's for sure!  I owe y'all big time.

So after a two and a half hour delay we are off and headed to our first spot.  First cast was shortly after 8 and we put a small limit in the boat by 10 am throwing t rigs and shaky heads.  We were able to cull two times after that and were feeling pretty good despite what happened earlier in the morning.  All was going well, we were on fish and slowly upgrading our sack until I lost one of my contacts around noon.  I'm a -3.5 in both eyes and losing the right contact did not make the day any easier.  

Focusing on objects with one good eye started to give me a headache so I fished the last two hours of the tournament closing one eye everytime I casted and had both eyes shut working the bait back to the boat.  We ended up culling one more fish before heading to weigh in.

As it turns out we had 11.12 lbs, yet another stellar Travis sack.  I don't even know why I bother to show up on that lake.  Oh well, all was not lost as I did manage to win a case off a sidebet.

Jeff, I wanted to swing by and say hello but the walk up to weigh in seemed pretty treacherous for a guy with one eye.  Heck, even with both eyes functioning my eyes are so slanted I can barely see out of them!

Thanks again Justin and Amy and to you as well Larry for keeping the faith and your head in the tournament after the morning's events.

· Registered
381 Posts
Andy thanks for compliments, but my wife and I will always do what we can for a friend in need and you guys were in need of some help. I cant imagine what you guys were going through or even what larry was feeling at the time but I am just glad you guys were not hurt.

Tdub you know that I am always in for a few beers in garage and I just might have to do that tonight but I am trying to decide go play poker or beer in garage :D.

Oh yeah Andy my wife wants to know how you are going to get a pallet of beer over to the house. j/k ;D

I am glad that everyone was ok and great job to all that weighed fish at the T. :)

JSF

· Registered
3,573 Posts
1B2E3234393D385C0 said:
Oh well, all was not lost as I did manage to win a case off a sidebet.
Yep, case of coldies headed your way....

Class Act Fowlers...come by the garage next time you get a chance and we will drink a few out of Fob's case before delivery.... ;D
Dub, while you are drinking my beer you should ponder how in the world you let an old man and a one eyed jap that can barley spreak engrish weigh in a bigger sack...and that's after they were beached on shore for the first two hours :p

Justin, I'll find a way to hook you up whether it be through beer, baits or dances...whoops, sorry Amy!

· Banned
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeez, atleast T-Dub got close!

Bro and I were an embarrassment on the water out there, its a good thing we had beverages and a radio to listen to the game.

Next time someone calls me at 5:30 in the am I will answer just thought you guys were calling me to see if I was making it out. Felt bad I missed the call.

Take Care
H.H.J.

· Registered
22 Posts
Hey, no problem airfob. We enjoy helping out a friend anytime. Don't worry about offending me though. Ask Justin who he goes to the "CLUB" with?!?!?! I"m just glad you guys were able to catch some fish and continue in the tournament. Proud of you and Larry. Way to go!

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Dub, while you are drinking my beer you should ponder how in the world you let an old man and a one eyed jap that can barley spreak engrish weigh in a bigger sack...and that's after they were beached on shore for the first two hours  
Here is the rub...you will always be a one eyed jap that can barley speak engrish....I can for once try prefishing and get better on Travis.....but you are stuck, son!   :D

And I am pretty sure Fowler and I just rounded off your case...how about an 18 pack ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.