Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last nite after work for a few hours ( 6 till dark). We fished several different areas in Sandy Creek and the cove behind Carlos and Charlie's.

Not a whole lot of shakin going on. I caught 1 keeper LM and that was all she wrote. I caught that one on a weightless senko. The coolest water I could find was 88'. That ran to 94" in spots.

Maybe it's a morning bite. I'll probably head out again this evening for lack of something better to do (like yardwork).

· Registered
2,271 Posts
9/17 - Sorry, I'm tagging this on to your post. I went out this afternoon from about 12:30-1:50PM. So only about 80 minutes of fishing. I had some work to do on my trailer, so I had to get the boat off of it. I figured I'd do some quick fishing once I finished. I launched at Mansfield, and needless to say, since I didn't have much time to fish...I stayed fairly close. I caught three...one chunky 2.5lber and two other 13.5"ers. All caught on finesse baits with a spinning rod and 6lb test. I caught all 3 of them in the last 30 minutes of fishing once I picked up the spinning rod with a 4" smoke colored worm. First cast with that bait produced the 2.5lber, and the two others came after that...

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Hey David
My buddy Lance and I went out Wednesday morn and yesterday morn, 5:30 am till 10:30 both days. I boated 2 keepers each day; Wed. gave me one on a shallow H2O crankbait and one on a TR senko w/ 1/16oz bullet weight. Thursday's fish was one on a Sammy, and one on the same senko.

Lance was committed to tossing a topwater popper all day, regardless of the depth, sunlight, or structure conditions. Why, I don't know, because he's a knowledgeable fisherman. But he was bound and determined, and got skunked both days. Go figure.

BTW, Lance is not NitroLance. Different fellow.

Give my best to Gail, please. And I'll have a bunch more oak for you this winter, if you're needing some.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
DTodd - Cool. Hang in there. The fall bite's gonna explode anytime. I've got a tourney on Georgetown this sat. Wanna come out and prefish with me one evening after work this week? I found a lot of shad around the mouths of creeks last wed evening. Had a few bites on a blade in those areas but they were very light bites - one fish hit it 3 times on the way to the boat and it was a 2+ lb. fish. Couldn't stick that one either. :)

This time around, I'm gonna go after the deep bite. Jigs. Right up your alley, eh? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.