Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to Travis to take my brother fishing for his birthday, a friend might also tag along. We are dropping at Tatum Cove, Any tips, I fished for LMB last time 2 weeks ago and got 3 but alot of bites(some which I would have loved to land). I am going to try to fish for LMB, Cats, and Whites. ANy tips will be taken. I will let you how the outcome is tomorrow.(Bait? , I know I will be using plastic worms for sure)

Thanks

Ben

· Registered
114 Posts
Sorry I am not familiar with the locations, but had real good luck with worms on a shaky head jig near docks.
&
Caught 7 LM & 2 hybrids on a white spinner throwing towards the shore and retrieving back to the boat.
(Best in the coves around rocks).
Good luck,
David
(I'll be @ Fayette!!)

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We finally left the house headed for LT dropped in at Tatum Cove around 10:45 or 11am fished up passed the flats on the right about a mile or 2 down on the right there are some nice coves. We fished until about 3. I caught 5 LMB all from Shaky Head off, 2 keepers over 14", 2 around 11-12" and one about 9 1/2". Found out that I need to get a new weigher it was left out in the boat when it rained and messed it up. My brother caught 3 LMB 1 White, and 1 Perch. His LMB were 12" and under, white was about 9". We had a great time, still trying to learn the lake. I want to try to hit up some docks next time, we mainly fished off the rocks(clifs/ledges).

To make it a little more fun before we started we had a little mini tourney just between us, bug bass/ and quantity of bass. Winner of big bass gets a free Freebird ( Best burrito in the world) and most bass gets an easy $20, I won both.

Had a great time on the water, not as crazy as last time I went, almost saw a couple of big boats tear the bottom of there boat out while they were flying thru a shallow area...

Hope everyone else had a good time. Just curious? We have only been to Tatum Cove, is there another spot we can launch that is not as Steep or at least has a courtesy dock so after parking the trailer they can get right on?

Thanks, (water was alot more murky than last time also,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.