Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usual once the water temp breaks 60 and stays there, Travis goes nuts. Fished Mid lake (AR Bend to Lakeway) - very shallow to about 12 FOW was the ticket. Well over 30 bass boated in a 4 hour session with the best 5 being between 12-13 lbs. The pattern is going to hold up nicely for the Tuesday nighter, just hope the right ones bite the line, because you have to wade through the little ones. Most fish caught on soft plastics TX rig and blades.

Saw a few nice fish on beds (one that would go 7bs) but they are still spooky.

Ran into a few ABF'ers back at the ramp and they had similar results. A monkey with a spinner bait can go wack a small limit right now. ;D

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
7F4A56505D595C380 said:
As usual once the water temp breaks 60 and stays there, Travis goes nuts.  Fished Mid lake (AR Bend to Lakeway) - very shallow to about 12 FOW was the ticket.  Well over 30 bass boated in a 4 hour session with the best 5 being between 12-13 lbs.  The pattern is going to hold up nicely for the Tuesday nighter, just hope the right ones bite the line, because you have to wade through the little ones.  Most fish caught on soft plastics TX rig and blades.

Saw a few nice fish on beds (one that would go 7bs) but they are still spooky.

Ran into a few ABF'ers back at the ramp and they had similar results.  A monkey with a spinner bait can go wack a small limit right now. ;D
Then a great ape (there's hope for me) might be able to whack a big limit!

Cool report.  Yesterday was one of the prettiest days on the water I can remember.  Gotta love that 60+ water temp!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I was on of the ABF'ers in the parking lot and we had very similar results. (nice speaking with you TDub) Had our bigger fish on flukes fished like swimbaits fast rapid retieve then stop and whammo! Very neat to see fish come and eat the bait. Fish were not locked on the beds but it is close! Caught a nice crappie under a dock on a fluke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.