Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished midlake on Travis yesterday and caught about 30 or so blacks,, of which most were 13" or less. Did catch a nice Striper on a Fluke fishing a main lake point. Thought I had a PB largemouth for a second until I realized it was not going to jump. He pulled drag for about 2 minutes. Lots of fun.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My only question is whether that is a striper or a hybrid? I caught the exact same size and type of fish this morning @ Travis in sandy creek main lake point on a topwater sammy. If they are stripers, i agree that ive never seen em so fat. Only 8 fish this morning as my wife made sure i didnt have too much fun. :p Brian

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Striper most likely. but always check the tooth patch.  Travis doesn't have many hybrids anyway.  Regs are same between hybrid and striper (18 inches and over and 5 bag) luckily.  Beautiful, fat, pre-spawn fish! Too bad the eggs are laid in vain for stripers on travis.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.